Radio code?

When I disconnected my battery in my 2012 EX and it asked for my code I used this method to avoid the code: Turn key to run, when it asks for the code, hold the green on button until it beeps and turns on again. This has to be done first thing as I recall or it goes into anti-theft mode. Alternately the code can be entered, or if it is not existent, Honda has a VIN/serial number look up feature on the owner's link page, (you need your vehicle VIN and serial number from the back of the radio). I didn't loose any settings or radio stations. I think I had to reset the clock, but don't remember.

Last edited:
All models still have a code - but it is for the most part redundant now. When the battery has been disconnected all that is required is to press and hold the power button on the audio unit for two seconds to restart the unit. To get the code you need the serial number from the audio or navi unit. For the audio unit, with the unit off, press and hold preset buttons 1 & 6 and turn the unit on - it will display an eight digit serial number. Take that number to you dealer with proof of ownership and they can supply you with the code. We don't charge for this, but some dealers may.
and what do you do when its navigation touch screen only - I don't have preset buttons or buttons at all????

You guys know the Si does not need a radio code right? Just press and hold the power button. I believe my 2015 even retains its memory.

Back