Radio lights flicker

Skewts2

Virginia
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
I noticed tonight the radio/AC console lights flicker randomly. It doesn't affect the dash lights where the speedometer and rpm/gauges are. I have an appointment Monday to take it in...anyone else have this problem? BTW I have a 2013 Civic LX with about 5700 miles on it.

any aftermarket lighting like hid headlights etc?

I noticed tonight the radio/AC console lights flicker randomly. It doesn't affect the dash lights where the speedometer and rpm/gauges are. I have an appointment Monday to take it in...anyone else have this problem? BTW I have a 2013 Civic LX with about 5700 miles on it.
I would guess there is a bad wiring connection somewhere.

Correction....It's actually just the radio console...the ac console lights are not affected. Honda believes it may have something to do with the ipod being plugged in. They said Honda has had reports of this happening...when the usb charges the ipod it pulls power. The lights actually dim rather than blink. (I was driving when it was doing it so my husband was paying more attention and corrected me...what are husbands for, right?) I have it on record that it's a problem with the dealership and they said if it happens again to bring it in. It has not happened since so I will be keeping an eye on it.

Update....it happened again without the iPod plugged in. This time the iMID display went plank with all radio info but still displayed my photo and gas mileage/odometer info. I took photos and video for the dealership. I the shut the car off and restarted it and everything was back to normal. Honda tech line says they've had problems with Bluetooth affecting the iMid display but I didn't have Bluetooth activated. They are now ordering me a whole new audio unit.

I have a 2013 civic lx coupe. I have had the car just over a month and am on a road trip back home for the holidays and noticed while I was on the road that my radio/ac console lights flickered on and off several times. I have a radar detector plugged in only and no other devices. I feel like these cars have weak electrical components because I notice heavy dimming on both my civic and accord when starting or when the cars alternators are not running. I am new to honda cars but am beginning to wonder if the cars are problematic like this. I have shot video of this issue and it is not the same as I am seeing with other peoples issues. I'll try to share a video once I get to where I can add a video.

That is very strange. I would take your car into the dealership. Not normal. No one has reported a problem like that before.

BTW.....Welcome. :)

That is very strange. I would take your car into the dealership. Not normal. No one has reported a problem like that before.

BTW.....Welcome. :)
Thanks for the welcome. I will be taking it into the dealership. They are getting tired of seeing me I am sure because they damaged my car the first week I had it and replaced defective plastic trim around the shifter. I am thinking about going to a different dealership cause I have had the car at the dealership like almost 4 times since buying it in the middle of November. I have video of the problem and while I was out on the trip I would say I saw the dash flickering at least a couple of hundred times since I was on a over 1000 mile trip. Very frustrating. Thanks for the advice I'll share the outcome of this issue if I find out from the dealership what is going on but I am thinking that they will say they couldn't replicate the problem.

Having the same issues as the OP with a 2014 Civic LX sedan. Dealer ordered me new unit, Honda corporate canceled, claiming the issue was still "under investigation" and that in some cases the new unit hadn't solved the problem. Arguing with corporate about it now trying to find a resolution. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Have you pinned it to when you're using Bluetooth, your phone, usb, or anything specific?

Haven't pinned the flicker or the radio info blanking down. Having some other issues that I've determined may be due to an apple software issue between bluetooth and usb. Thought the flicker only happened when my iPhone was plugged in but it has happened twice now with nothing plugged in. Radio info blanked on very cold nights when the car had been sitting for several hours in my friend's driveway...

Unfortunately it's not just you and it's not an Apple device issue. There are others noting this problem as well on youtube and other forums. My family purchased 3 2013 Civics all at once. Two of us have noticed this. We both use Android devices and no USB drives. It happens no matter the sound source. My stepmom doesn't drive at night so no issue for her..

I also have an occasional issue where my info display freezes up and only turning the car off and on fixes it. It just freezes. The stereo still responds to commands, but I get no visual feedback of what I pressed.

What I want to know is if I replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket one will I lose the functionality of the display screen?

Update....it happened again without the iPod plugged in. This time the iMID display went plank with all radio info but still displayed my photo and gas mileage/odometer info. I took photos and video for the dealership. I the shut the car off and restarted it and everything was back to normal. Honda tech line says they've had problems with Bluetooth affecting the iMid display but I didn't have Bluetooth activated. They are now ordering me a whole new audio unit.

Did the new unit fix the problem?

14 EX Sedan here. I have always have bluetooth on and and occasionly I plug my iPhone 6s to the USB to charge. I also have the 2 maps lights and center dome changed to LEDs. I never noticed it. I'll go out and check tomorrow morning.

I checked it. Headlights on (low beam), radio on, turn signals on, and I don't have the flickering.

Back