Radio lights flicker

Unfortunately it's not just you and it's not an Apple device issue. There are others noting this problem as well on youtube and other forums. My family purchased 3 2013 Civics all at once. Two of us have noticed this. We both use Android devices and no USB drives. It happens no matter the sound source. My stepmom doesn't drive at night so no issue for her..

I also have an occasional issue where my info display freezes up and only turning the car off and on fixes it. It just freezes. The stereo still responds to commands, but I get no visual feedback of what I pressed.

What I want to know is if I replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket one will I lose the functionality of the display screen?
I just purchased my 14 Civic lx in May, it had always had a little flicker in it. But now it’s all the time. The info screen also freezes as you have said. I’ll be calling my dealer tomorrow to see what’s going on. Why haven’t they issued a recall on this yet? Any idea if it will effect the overall performance of the vehicle? I work 2 jobs and one being a paper delivery. So I’m very dependent on my Honda lol

Hello all. My civic is an 8th gen 2006, but just wanted to add that this is a problem I’ve been experiencing with my car since I bought it three years ago. The radio in mine actually broke and after a year of stalling I finally bought a replacement and the replacement has the same problem. Not sure if I’m very unlucky or it’s a wiring/connection problem.and not the radio itself. Also, I use the soundbot Bluetooth device from Amazon and when I start the car up usually for the first five minutes the radio will constantly try and switch from AUX to FM or AM like it’s scanning for reception. It also did this with both units so not sure what that’s about.

Hello all. My civic is an 8th gen 2006, but just wanted to add that this is a problem I’ve been experiencing with my car since I bought it three years ago. The radio in mine actually broke and after a year of stalling I finally bought a replacement and the replacement has the same problem. Not sure if I’m very unlucky or it’s a wiring/connection problem.and not the radio itself. Also, I use the soundbot Bluetooth device from Amazon and when I start the car up usually for the first five minutes the radio will constantly try and switch from AUX to FM or AM like it’s scanning for reception. It also did this with both units so not sure what that’s about.
Does it do that when the soundbot isn’t plugged into the car? If it’s the same one I’m looking at on amazon, there are over 300 1 star reviews of issues.

Back