Supporting Member
VIP Member
Fayetteville, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
ba799c47e51f204fc973c4a6103f96a4.jpg

So I'm looking at these since HARDmotion is having a sale this month. Looking at 16's since I can reuse the stock tires and I won't be taking the car. It's my daily and I want to add some style to it. Does anyone have pics of 16's on their car and the specs? It'll give me an idea of how it'll look. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ba799c47e51f204fc973c4a6103f96a4.jpg

So I'm looking at these since HARDmotion is having a sale this month. Looking at 16's since I can reuse the stock tires and I won't be taking the car. It's my daily and I want to add some style to it. Does anyone have pics of 16's on their car and the specs? It'll give me an idea of how it'll look. Thanks in advance!

79bed5787294b262c67e5c84a2c80988.jpg

These are some pepboy rims (They were cheap and better looking than the stock hubcaps, leave me alone [emoji23][emoji23]), 16 inchers with the OEM tires. However it is on some Eibach springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79bed5787294b262c67e5c84a2c80988.jpg

These are some pepboy rims (They were cheap and better looking than the stock hubcaps, leave me alone [emoji23][emoji23]), 16 inchers with the OEM tires. However it is on some Eibach springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No hate here, I'm lowered on truhart springs 2". I think this may have convinced me. Got a side shot?

These are 17x9 on a Miata. Just know that due to the design of the wheel, the rpf1 tends to look smaller than it really is due to the lip design. So with a 16", you'd be an inch smaller than how this looks.

IMG_6710.JPG

Here is a 16" - note the length of the spokes etc. The wheel design just tends to make them appear smaller than they really are. If you're good with it, by all means take advantage of the sale.

qltBoxC.jpg

Be aware of how different this wheel looks in anything other than a 9" width. Ignoring diameter these wheels looks very very different depending on the width. Everything up to an 8.5" wheel width has the bubble face. They clear big brake calipers well but the 9"+ width is usually the one people see pics of and want.

Bubble face vs flat face.

9" width: Flat face

WMD_9067.jpg

17x8" on a Civic: Bubble face.

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: My .02 worth.... do it right, do it once. Save up and buy at least 17" wheels and tires. My personal recommendation is 17's on the coupe and 18's on the sedan. The larger body size of the sedan looks better, to me, with the larger wheel. Especially a wheel that already looks small as Webby pointed out.

Be aware of how different this wheel looks in anything other than a 9" width. Ignoring diameter these wheels looks very very different depending on the width. Everything up to an 8.5" wheel width has the bubble face. They clear big brake calipers well but the 9"+ width is usually the one people see pics of and want.

Bubble face vs flat face.

9" width: Flat face

WMD_9067.jpg

17x8" on a Civic: Bubble face.

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: My .02 worth.... do it right, do it once. Save up and buy at least 17" wheels and tires. My personal recommendation is 17's on the coupe and 18's on the sedan. The larger body size of the sedan looks better, to me, with the larger wheel. Especially a wheel that already looks small as Webby pointed out.
I do have to say after seeing them I think the 17's would be the way to go. If I go 9" though there's a lot of fender work in my future. I'd have to go to willtheyfit.com and double check sizes...thanks again webby and nix for the hook up. Time to do some research when I'm done with work today.

Thanks that's what I assumed. Might be pulling the trigger on these soon...more to follow

IMO, it's better to have a second set of wheels and tires mainly as a summer setup. You'll have tons of fun just only with super light weight wheels and sticky summer tires.

I don't like to go too sticky since its a daily. Something that's fun to drive, but it's not a track car in any way. Something with grip that will last a while. I'll use the stock wheels for winter.

If you get 17x9 +45 you may have clearance issues on the inside of the wheel well with the strut. The +35 fits "better" but would require some fender work and neg camber to not rub. I think the +45 would need at least a 3mm spacer but I'm not sure if that's enough.

@Safe Gabe - What was your experience with fitment on the x9' wheels you had?

I had a feeling that would be the issue as well...I'll just keep researching. It sucks because i'm not at home to take measurements...

@bauer311 I personally would go with the 17x9 +35 as @Nix said you will have some clearance issues with the +45. Are you worried about having your fenders rolled? It's actually not a big deal as you would think, I had mine professionally rolled I paid $100 for all 4 and it looks stock.

Back