Rpf1's, looking for info/pics

Its just one of those things, once you do it there's no going back, lol. At least not without buying new fenders or flares or whatever. But if that's what it comes to so be it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No one would ever know you've had them rolled. No reason to ever want to "go back".

No one would ever know you've had them rolled. No reason to ever want to "go back".
Also true. I do plan on keeping this car forever, so I'm not too worried it's just that little voice in the back of my head that says "what if...?" Seems like the wheels may be put on hold salt add some peeing matters have just put a wrench in my plans...fml. maybe when I get back to the states I can revisit this

If you get 17x9 +45 you may have clearance issues on the inside of the wheel well with the strut. The +35 fits "better" but would require some fender work and neg camber to not rub. I think the +45 would need at least a 3mm spacer but I'm not sure if that's enough.

@Safe Gabe - What was your experience with fitment on the x9' wheels you had?

With the 9j +35, you need to just roll the middle tab of the front fenders. You can run a +45, but you camber needs to be very very conservative because clearance will be an issue on the front struts.

Its just one of those things, once you do it there's no going back, lol. At least not without buying new fenders or flares or whatever. But if that's what it comes to so be it.

I'm on a +22 with a 255 up front on stock fenders. They're pulled, but they're stock. You can safely run a 9j with a +35.

This is my +35 setup with 255/40/17 up front. It fit, but JUST barely. As I said early — I'd recommend running a square 235 all the way around if it's your daily driver and you're looking for a rotatable setup. Let me know if you have any more questions.

25975248625_5ab18b3da4_b.jpg

With the 9j +35, you need to just roll the middle tab of the front fenders. You can run a +45, but you camber needs to be very very conservative because clearance will be an issue on the front struts.

I'm on a +22 with a 255 up front on stock fenders. They're pulled, but they're stock. You can safely run a 9j with a +35.

This is my +35 setup with 255/40/17 up front. It fit, but JUST barely. As I said early — I'd recommend running a square 235 all the way around if it's your daily driver and you're looking for a rotatable setup. Let me know if you have any more questions.

25975248625_5ab18b3da4_b.jpg
Thanks @SafeGabe, that actually tied all that up pretty well. While there had been a delay in my plans I haven't forgone them at all. Just gotta get a few things together to include camber arms/bolts and I'll be ready shortly after I get back from Europe.

These are 17x9 on a Miata. Just know that due to the design of the wheel, the rpf1 tends to look smaller than it really is due to the lip design. So with a 16", you'd be an inch smaller than how this looks.

View attachment 55410
LOL -- this is my old miata! That was a 17x9 +45 with 235's all the way around

5714765961_9ca74a84cf_b.jpg

Also true. I do plan on keeping this car forever, so I'm not too worried it's just that little voice in the back of my head that says "what if...?" Seems like the wheels may be put on hold salt add some peeing matters have just put a wrench in my plans...fml. maybe when I get back to the states I can revisit this

You sound just like me @bauer311. I have that same little voice, so I have to be 100% comfortable before I decide to go ahead with any mods.
BTW, sorry to hear about your peeing matters. :rotfl:

Hmmm, Damn autocorrect strikes again. Some stuff at home came up putting my wheel plans on a delay. It's ok, just gives me more time to plan and research, especially the tires I want on them...

Back