Rt 17 Starbucks Meet (NJ)

good stuff... I've known people who've gone to e3 in the past and they had a blast.

I'm going by myself since my friends bailed on me. Lol. I'l be wearing a 9thcivic shirt and will carry a camera.

We didn't even park before we left. It was insane. I think I'll be sticking with our Starbucks spot and the occasional Staten Island meet

The entire lot was packed. There were NO spots. Here's just the tip of the iceberg:

182540_418339281544792_874574671_n.jpg

annnnd thaaaat's a big turnout! lol You guys walk around at all, or just leave?

That turnout blows. I went in at 10:30pm and I saw a cop. I thought he directed parking. So I asked him if I can park anywhere. He thought I was parking to go to a store and he asked me if I'm parking at LA Fitness. I said: "I guess...", thinking that he knew I was in for the meet hence the newly washed Civic with HIDs and yellow fogs. He thought I was being a smartass and said that they are closing and should leave the lot. I ended up spending my night at Taco Bell with my friend.

When I went, the place was extremely loud with all the stereo blasted to the max and motorbikes being rev'd at redline every effin second. There were also jackasses that blocked the way when I was leaving the place. So many jackasses. I literally drove in and drove out...

I wanted to see the sweet rides. :sadbanana:

IMG_5106.jpg

^This IS owner tried backing up when there was nowhere to go. You can see how congested the driving lane is.

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

^A couple of Central Jersey 8th owners.

IMG_5111.jpg

^Look what I spotted at Taco Bell. A mini American Muscle meet. It's nice seeing these three parked together. It would've been cooler if the Mustang was white.

IMG_5112.jpg

^And my car sitting lonely at Taco Bell.

These pics are not my best. I wanted to do a lot of flash photography at the meet, but I was disappointed that the place closed when I got there.

My friend showed my the facebook invite in his phone and it said 'cancelled'. Do you guys think this meet will continue even though some owners were not being ethically sound?

and the cops don't care about the noise?
I believe they did. When I went, they closed a bunch of entrances. So they were definitely trying to get rid of everyone there...all 1000 of them. Lol.

so back to starbucks meets from now on I take it,... or going way way earlier?

I'm not going to deal with huge meets for a little while, since there are a bunch of numskulls that end up joining the crowd. I'll probably just go to small meets more.

At least for Gene and I, we will be back to our old spot. There is no way in hell I am going back to that meet. I would have wound up beating the crap out of some of those people. I was so tempted to open the door to the car as the motorcycle douches tried to cut us off in the lot. And all the people walking out in front of the car while we tried to park were just asking for an *** kicking. Almost everyone looked like they just made it through drivers ed. We went in the lot, went down 2 rows and said no way and left. It was a miserable excuse for a meet

The event is deleted on facebook. I guess this will no longer happen.

The event is deleted on facebook. I guess this will no longer happen.
Idk id it's completely done with. I heard someone say they were going to try a different spot. Regardless, I won't be going again. I know people want/like big meets but that one was too big. It was a free for all. I'll take our modest lil Starbucks meet any day.

It's going to be impossible getting a spot that big to fit that many cars. Lol. I was very surprised how many cars fit in that lot.

Also, the bigger the meet, the bigger level of immaturity that will happen. There were these guido wannabes that literally 'snail walked' infront of my car when I was leaving.

Yeah, unless it's held at Giants Stadium...err...Met Life Stadium or Englishtown, you aren't gonna have enough room for all of them. I agree completely that the more people, the more immaturity. Gene was about to nudge people with the car as we were leaving because of them being in front of the car and not moving. Personally I was about to get out with the maglite and start busting people over the head with it. I was getting so pissed because they were staring at us trying to leave and decided to start up a friggin conversation with fellow guido dipshits.

The Metlife Stadium/Englishtown would be different because it would be officially held, unlike the one at Parsippany.

Back