Running GPS App on Iphone 5

Pug

Hello. I have the 2013 Civic LX. If I want to use a GPS app on my iPhone 5, the only way to hear the voice is to switch the Aux on the stereo to BTW. However, when I do this I can't play my music (which is on a different iPod connected via USB). I can't listen to the radio either, because I need the stereo on BTW. Is there a work-around for this or do I just play my iPod through the iPod speakers (not the car) when I need to use my GPS app?

Thanks for any advice. I'm still getting used to the technology in the car, coming from a 2003 Civic that had none of this stuff.

I also want to add that the directions won't play through the phone speakers when Bluetooth is turned on, only through the car when I switch to BTW. I'd really prefer to hear the directions through my phone and my music through the car speakers. Thanks for any advice.

Why are you connecting the iphone to the aux if you're wanting to hear the prompts through the phone speakers?

Why are you connecting the iphone to the aux if you're wanting to hear the prompts through the phone speakers?

I can't hear the GPS voice directions through my phone speakers if my phone's Bluetooch is on. The only way to hear the directions is to connect it via aux. i would like to figure out how to hear the directions through the phone without connecting to aux, while still leaving my phone on Bluetooth. Thanks.

If I remember correctly ( I hardly ever use navigation) I started using google maps, and I could stream music through bluetooth audio from my iphone 5, and navigation voice would cut in and out through the music automatically.

So there is no way to hear the GPS through my phone's speakers if the Bluetooth is on and paired with the car. I need to run it through the speakers?

Why not put the music on your phone and cut the ipod out of the equation? Sounds like that works according to post 6.

Why not put the music on your phone and cut the ipod out of the equation? Sounds like that works according to post 6.

Yes, that appears to be the only solution. I don't use the GPS a lot, but am going to put some music on my iPhone for those times I do need GPS. Thanks!

I finally found a solution that allows me to use my iPod, as well as hear voice guidance from a GPS app either through my phone or through the car stereo (while still listening to a separate iPod plugged into the USB - the Waze app! I just tested it and it just cuts in like an incoming call, give the directions, and then the music from the iPod comes back. I had to set the sound setting within the Waze app to "prefer bluetooth." If I turn off prefer bluetooth I think it will still play through my phone as the other option is to send sound through the phone speakers. I'm happy!

Back