Share your spiders!

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
I want to see the spiders hanging out around your yard! Right now we've got dozens of these guys..and I mean DOZENS...chilling around the garage, porch, and side of the house. They're about the size of a quarter.

1240431_10151614374221472_1640312448_n.jpg

Reactions: Nix
  • Staff
7e9uruze.jpg
ryrevu6e.jpg
5eza6y7y.jpg
nuhevana.jpg
2etytyhe.jpg
9ahy7y9e.jpg
buredymu.jpg
avasu6aq.jpg
u2agade4.jpg
nede4e6e.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Big wolf spider... About 2.5" in total diameter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379988299.234490.jpg
Brown recluse
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379988328.122400.jpg
Another smaller wolf spider, with a house spider on its web
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379988415.098924.jpg
Another brown recluse, about the size of a nickel
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379988449.278447.jpg

One of the little spiders got into the house and into the floorboard moldings on the stairs. I tried to coax him out with a lid from a plastic container but he just flattened himself into the groove in the molding..so I had to try a different way. So he ran...then Lavender tried to save me. I had to get here away so I could rescue the spider and take him out to the bushes. LOL

When I lived in Chile my 2 cats used to eat the spiders! The bad thing is they would eat or swat and kill the wolf spiders which made things worse since there were fewer hunters of the recluse. There was a Chilean Recluse in my school binder and in the shower one day and I just about died!

Just reading this thread gives me anxiety. I can't stand spiders.

We've always had monstrous wolf spiders in our home, living with such a large wooded area in our back yard. Those things are fast and big. I guess they're really the only ones that ever bother me, mainly because they're scampering around on the floor and not hanging calmly in a corner from a web.

There are supposedly brown recluses and black widows around but I personally haven't seen any.

Lol @jrotax101 doesn't like spiders either. He makes me collect them and take them outside LMAO

He's a bit spooked by the ones I posted above. They're alllllll over the outside of the house.

Back