short shifter

they are waiting to see what the 2013 redesign changes

So why then do the companies who make them not say that the SS for the 8th gen is for the 9th gen also? I know I sound like a broken record but this is the kind of stuff I think about (Ask my wife. She thinks I'm crazy)
I'll use the lowering spring development as an example to explain myself. :eek: We all know that you can use 8th gen springs on 9th gens BUT you need to use the rear isolators from the 8th and modify them to make it fit/work. To me those springs are not intended to be used on the 9th even though you can make it work. This is why the suspension companies are currently developing a specific spring to be used in the 9th gen. A spring is a spring is a spring.......but again they are different for each vehicle generation/vehicle. There are little differences between each generation of Civic so the parts, stock or aftermarket need to be designed to be used in each generation of vehicle to work properly and to get the most benefit from them.
At the end of the day I want to use parts that are intended to be used in my 9th gen not another vehicle. That's just me. What can I say. It's kinda like someone preferring one manufacture/design over another. They both work but for whatever reason you like one better than the other.
I know what your thinking...."this guy thinks too much" :rotfl:
but see u do not have to modify there is the difference yes the shift box is different but just like head light two different housings but they except the same bulb type :) the fact that it doesn't say it's for the 9th makes no difference. That's like saying I'm not gonna use my shift knob because the box said for off road use only

Clunck

but see u do not have to modify there is the difference yes the shift box is different but just like head light two different housings but they except the same bulb type :) the fact that it doesn't say it's for the 9th makes no difference. That's like saying I'm not gonna use my shift knob because the box said for off road use only

Clunck
Light bulbs don't move and either does the shift knob.
I personally haven't seen the internals of either shifter so I don't know whether the 8th is the proper design for the 9th.

Light bulbs don't move and either does the shift knob.
I personally haven't seen the internals of either shifter so I don't know whether the 8th is the proper design for the 9th.
the short shifter adapter moves just as much as ur shift knob does. All the adapter is doing is changing the lever point I will quote the person who explained it to me.

Clunck

Think of a see-saw. If you were to place the fulcrum closer to one side. The side its closest to wouldnt have as much travel. But that small amount of travel transmits to the other side furthest from the fulcrum which now moves a greater distance.

So this piece extends the length of the bottom part of your shifter. Below where it pivots (fulcrum). Thus requiring shorter movements from the driver to move the shifter cables their required amount to change gears.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Clunck

Back