short shifter

twm has said they will not be making one for the 2012 until they see the redesign for the 2013 civic. I've not seen any other companies comment

We have not yet; however, since Honda announced they will be remodeling the 2012 Civic for 2013, we are waiting to make sure that the drivetrain will not be different! If it is indeed the same then expect a Short Shifter!

Does anyone know for a fact if the 9th gen shifter and the 8th gen shifter are the exact same? I know quite a few people have used the short shifter from an 8th on a 9th and it seems to work but I don't like the idea of having to mod something that was intended to be used for another vehicle. I'd rather be patient and wait until the proper part gets made. I know that people haven't had to make any mods to use the 8th gen SS but I would also rather buy a product that was intended to be used on my specific vehicle and therefor performe properly and at its peak.

webby, I'm wondering if someone from CHH could answer my question. If I had access to the Honda manuals I could look myself and answer my own question.:paper:
I'm not questioning the fit of the current SS I'm merely wondering if a slight modification to the 2006-2011 SS would improve it's performance in a 2012 Civic Si
:pray:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/bwr-short-shifter.4745/
guys in this thread are running the 2006-2011 si short shifter without issue
Thanks webby, I saw that before and I know those work. That's not really answering my question (don't get me wrong. I know your trying to be helpful)
I want to know if the shifters are the same cuz if they're NOT a slight modification to those short shifters by the manufacture might make them work BETTER on the 2012 Si.
Remember I'm the kinda guy that doesn't rush into anything and likes to do my research before doing/changing anything. It's called OCD :eek:

the part numbers are not the same as a 2011, but the only way to really know would be having the 2 side by side.

9th_001.sized.jpeg

9th ^^
8th v v
Screen_shot_2012_07_26_at_3_32_45_PM.png

^^ ahhh finally! Thanks webby
I think I'll sit on the short shifter for a bit and see what becomes available specifically for the 2012 Si. I'm thinkin that someone is going to take the time to make an even better mod than what currently works.
I'll try one if someone needs some user feedback. :bananapoke:

And the two shifter work the same just a little diff design

Clunck
So why then do the companies who make them not say that the SS for the 8th gen is for the 9th gen also? I know I sound like a broken record but this is the kind of stuff I think about (Ask my wife. She thinks I'm crazy)
I'll use the lowering spring development as an example to explain myself. :eek: We all know that you can use 8th gen springs on 9th gens BUT you need to use the rear isolators from the 8th and modify them to make it fit/work. To me those springs are not intended to be used on the 9th even though you can make it work. This is why the suspension companies are currently developing a specific spring to be used in the 9th gen. A spring is a spring is a spring.......but again they are different for each vehicle generation/vehicle. There are little differences between each generation of Civic so the parts, stock or aftermarket need to be designed to be used in each generation of vehicle to work properly and to get the most benefit from them.
At the end of the day I want to use parts that are intended to be used in my 9th gen not another vehicle. That's just me. What can I say. It's kinda like someone preferring one manufacture/design over another. They both work but for whatever reason you like one better than the other.
I know what your thinking...."this guy thinks too much" :rotfl:

twm hasn't had a 9th gen test fit the 8th gen short shifter... so they don't have it listed as a part that's interchangeable. The same could be said for other companies. If they can't get a hold of a 9th gen to test... well, nothing will be listed as a 9th part.

The bases for the shifter assemblies mount totally different. 8th uses 3 bolts 9th requires 4.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

twm hasn't had a 9th gen test fit the 8th gen short shifter... so they don't have it listed as a part that's interchangeable. The same could be said for other companies. If they can't get a hold of a 9th gen to test... well, nothing will be listed as a 9th part.
I wish someone would look at developing a SS for the 9th gen. I like the idea of making the shift distance shorter. If it's similar to the 8th gen it's not gonna be hard to do and if they already make the 8th they obviously have the means to go into production.

I'm sure they will have something before 2013. Or I would hope anyway.

Back