Skunk2 Parts coming soon!!

g-844-3fe9daf93b1b44b77f201c51d649e472d3524c21.jpg

I'm liking the quality of this downpipe compared to the competition.

why? because it says skunk2? lol. the opening looks smaller than rv6, UR, and full race. I'm not impressed. still waiting to see the intake manifold though
Not because it is a Skunk2 product. I'm not going to be biased just because it's a 'Skunk2' part or whatever brand it is. That's stupid and I don't have any Skunk2 product on my car. Yes, the opening does look smaller than the other down pipes, but that is completely irrelevant to the quality of the product.

Not because it is a Skunk2 product. I'm not going to be biased just because it's a 'Skunk2' part or whatever brand it is. That's stupid and I don't have any Skunk2 product on my car. Yes, the opening does look smaller than the other down pipes, but that is completely irrelevant to the quality of the product.

ok but how are you liking the quality over the competition if all we have is this picture to go on?

ok but how are you liking the quality over the competition if all we have is this picture to go on?
I guess it's all based on my opinion. But I do want to hear reviews about it.

kraftwerks s/c's are too expensive and I never understood their benefit over an turbo. Personally, I'd rather have a comptech s/c because I don't need the extra power but could use the cost savings.

Although a bit more in cost, the gains and benefits to have the Rotrex-type kit as opposed to a twin-screw are certainly substantial.

To name a few:
- Complete Linear power band - thus, no abnormal spikes or sudden jolts to the internal components leading to a bolt-on kit that doesn't really diminish the life of the engine.
- None-oil sharing design - the KW kit utilizes it's own oiling system as opposed to sharing engine oil with the motor itself and any potential occurrences that could come from that.
- Utilizing an intercooler to keep IATs down as well as operating temps of the supercharger itself. The KW kit generally is a much more cooler running set up compared to the twin-screw setups.
- One of the biggest differences and benefits towards running the KW kit is that typically, with a ct kit or the like, they revolve on a 3:1 basis. For each spin of the crank pulley the screws have spun 3 times. Our KW kit runs on a friction-drive 10:1 system and being that it's a friction-drive as opposed to gears, it takes much less energy from the motor to spin the s/c.

Just some items to consider when thinking about the kit. Obviously the cost is going to be greater than the other kits but when you consider what is included and the benefits over competition - the choice is clear.

This is from Skunk2's fb page:
7013_10151287723309020_1205087768_n.jpg

I see camber arms and the RR 3" exhaust.

If you notice in the picture above - there is a resonator. With any exhaust system - we have experience customers adding or removing ADDITIONAL resonators per their own preference and while we do recognize that ours is a bit on the louder side and that it's not for everyone, we think the biggest factor with this vehicle is that is DOES have the k24. A larger displacement engine changes the entire tone of any exhaust you attach to it. Granted, still on the louder end of things, the '12 SI sounds great paired with our exhaust system.

why? because it says skunk2? lol. the opening looks smaller than rv6, UR, and full race. I'm not impressed. still waiting to see the intake manifold though

The opening is perfectly pair with that of the head flange itself. There's absolutely no need to make an opening larger than what you're throwing into it as there are zero benefits. The header is a quality piece made of T-304 stainless steel and the flanged-mouth itself is a precision made cast piece. As with any aftermarket part, there's going to be other companies out there and mfg. the same part or close to it with their own difference and touches added. This is simply our adaptation and we feel we're releasing a quality down-pipe for the 9thgen community.

The opening is perfectly pair with that of the head flange itself. There's absolutely no need to make an opening larger than what you're throwing into it as there are zero benefits. The header is a quality piece made of T-304 stainless steel and the flanged-mouth itself is a precision made cast piece. As with any aftermarket part, there's going to be other companies out there and mfg. the same part or close to it with their own difference and touches added. This is simply our adaptation and we feel we're releasing a quality down-pipe for the 9thgen community.

Okay okay it looks nice I'm sorry. Don't put a bounty on me. Lol.

If you notice in the picture above - there is a resonator. With any exhaust system - we have experience customers adding or removing ADDITIONAL resonators per their own preference and while we do recognize that ours is a bit on the louder side and that it's not for everyone, we think the biggest factor with this vehicle is that is DOES have the k24. A larger displacement engine changes the entire tone of any exhaust you attach to it. Granted, still on the louder end of things, the '12 SI sounds great paired with our exhaust system.

I like the deep tone. Will you guys be developing an intake manifold? Or should we just get the current one to work.

Back