Skunk2 springs clinking noise help!

Asteezy88

L.A.
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I just installed my skunk2 springs last week. Ever since I got them I've been noticing a tiny clinking noise everytime I go over a bump. At freeway speeds I need to hit a larger bump for it to make the noise but it's mostly during city driving when the road is uneven that it happens. I read through other similar posts and it seems a noise only happens when turning the steering wheel too far to the left or right. This is not the case with my car. It sounds like the springs are compressing too far possibly and they are hitting each other every bump I go over?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure if this is normal or something is wrong.

Thank you!

(Springs were installed professionally by a shop)

There are different factors that could be giving you the issues:

1) Loose lug nuts
2) Uncut bump stops
3) Improper orientation of the top hats (Assuming that it's the same with the 8thgens) were a marked arrow should be facing forward.

uT8BRoK.jpg

like plastic tubing almost... some talk about tubing/tein silencers in this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/which-lowering-springs-to-get.4869/#post-83133

some users have just installed plastic tubing you can find by the foot at lowes/home depot

image.jpg
Stock image from tein. Loop it around the spring coils where the distance is very close between coil to coil. It'll keep the metal from slapping one another.

Sweet that's perfect webby, I was reading through that thread you linked and I think I'm going to wrap some tubing around it like that guy did. Hope that works

Back