Snow driving

Wait can you really do that? Because I have been trying to figure out a way to get them ready for this winter, I really don't want them seizing up at all haha

Dunno. Just an off-hand comment. However, it may work.

http://www.greengrease.net

seems popular across many forums for coil over protection.

You could also try and fit ATV/Snowmobile shock covers as well.

http://www.shockpros.com/atv_snowmobile_shock_covers_solid_series.cfm

83501095000_installed(1).jpg

The main reasons I don't want to buy coils is because of corrosion and becoming a snow plow once I get my STI lip. But these could actually tip my decision in favor of purchasing them sooner!

Yeah youll be fine as long as you grease them up. With the mild winters here in TN I may do it, but am still undecided if it is really needed

Yeah youll be fine as long as you grease them up. With the mild winters here in TN I may do it, but am still undecided if it is really needed
Where I am I 100% need the best protection I can get. I usually only have a 30 second drive to work maybe a couple times a day, but when I go home to visit family and stuff I have 5 hours of slushy, salted highway to drive through then a salty city to drive around. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere where it is warm all the time

Where I am I 100% need the best protection I can get. I usually only have a 30 second drive to work maybe a couple times a day, but when I go home to visit family and stuff I have 5 hours of slushy, salted highway to drive through then a salty city to drive around. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere where it is warm all the time
i wish i had the mild winters of Calgary haha

I work in Northern AB. They got 4 feet of snow in about 10 days last December. Calgary gets Chinooks at least, but that adds to the salt buildup around the vehicle :s
don't even talk to me about snow .... last year winnipeg had record breaking snow x2 and coldest winter but you should be good with winter driving. i personally took my coils off for winter because it gets to -40c casually which sucks. but if you keep them clean, put anti seize grease on them, raise them up and if you have damper setting put them to the softest setting.

don't even talk to me about snow .... last year winnipeg had record breaking snow x2 and coldest winter but you should be good with winter driving. i personally took my coils off for winter because it gets to -40c casually which sucks. but if you keep them clean, put anti seize grease on them, raise them up and if you have damper setting put them to the softest setting.
I was thinking coils so I could leave them on and not have to worry. Just change the height when i swap winter rims/tires for summer. But greasing and getting covers could help with corrosion prevention in addition to washing when it gets warmer. If its cold, washing shouldnt be as necessary as corrosion wouldnt be very rapid. The warmer weather with the salt would destroy them in Calgary unless i wash frequently during a chinook

Back