Sorry for all the questions!

So I have had the exhaust on for maybe 2 weeks and last week I noticed a rattle at the muffler. Pulled it into work and found that it was the muffler rattling on the spring. Any one else have this issue

So I have had the exhaust on for maybe 2 weeks and last week I noticed a rattle at the muffler. Pulled it into work and found that it was the muffler rattling on the spring. Any one else have this issue

Mine rattles against the metal where the exhaust hangers are, they are just too long, so I need to shorten the hangers. Check, because this may be where your rattle is

Stiffer rubber exhaust hanger bit. They are available on ebay and other sources.

http://www.torquesolution.com/Exhaust-Mount-Kit-s/1240.htm

You want the triangle shaped one that says "Direct replacement for factory triangle shaped exhaust hanger" I believe that is the furthest most one back that holds the tangs on the muffler itself.

You could certainly pick up a couple others to help cut down on motion as well. Trimming the tangs may be necessary if they are super long and hitting.

Stiffer rubber exhaust hanger bit. They are available on ebay and other sources.

http://www.torquesolution.com/Exhaust-Mount-Kit-s/1240.htm

You want the triangle shaped one that says "Direct replacement for factory triangle shaped exhaust hanger" I believe that is the furthest most one back that holds the tangs on the muffler itself.

You could certainly pick up a couple others to help cut down on motion as well. Trimming the tangs may be necessary if they are super long and hitting.

Which is my issue with the invidia N1....but shouldnt be anything that a cutoff wheel cant fix ;)

Reactions: Nix
I need to check my exhaust. I can hear some hissing noise under the driver seat. That's where the two pipes are connecting.:think: We only had 5 inches of snow so far and my car is not even lowered.:nervous:

I'll check the hangers but when we moved it around it seemed to be hitting the eibach.

Might need to loosen the bolts and try and rotate the pipes if they are that far over. Something might be out of alignment or turned slightly the wrong way.

For a cheap fix, get some exhaust wrap and wrap it around where it rattles. That's what I did when my lower control arm was hitting the exhaust.

A ten pound sledge hammer applied to the offending part generally works to quieten almost any obnoxious noise. (YMMV)

A lot of people say the n1 is really loud and it's honestly not haha. I too have the n1/full race dp combo.

Scratch what I said earlier about the n1 and Downpipe not being loud. It's loud but note a bad loud lol. And it's no where near as loud as skunk 2

I jizzed in my pants when I watched this video:oops:

Is this setup not raspy at all? I ask because I have the Q300 and just added the Full Race down pipe. And it went from deep tone to rasp. Yes I got dyno tuned by vit yesterday.

Is this setup not raspy at all? I ask because I have the Q300 and just added the Full Race down pipe. And it went from deep tone to rasp. Yes I got dyno tuned by vit yesterday.

Do you have Catless downpipe?

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that it is cat less. But after seeing so many people with the setup I just figured rasp wasn't a problem. I just spent 12 hours on the road yesterday to drive to Vit to get tuned. I figured the tune got rid of the rasp based on everything I had read.

Yeah every catless downpipe has a raspy sound.:(

I learn that now. I either fix this by adding or getting a bigger resonator. If people think that won't fix it then I'll just go back to untuned stock down pipe. It's a waste of money and time but I really hate the fart can sound especially when I did my research on buying the Q300. This is really frustrating.

I learn that now. I either fix this by adding or getting a bigger resonator. If people think that won't fix it then I'll just go back to untuned stock down pipe. It's a waste of money and time but I really hate the fart can sound especially when I did my research on buying the Q300. This is really frustrating.

Get a catted DP and sell the catless. The downpipe is hands down the best bang for your buck power mod there is and it is only a few whp difference between the catted and catless.

Back