Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

The $25 ones is what I have and the paint is holding up good, just being careful when removing or installing them is the key. They're holding up better than the $45 blue Gorilla lug nuts I had before.

Anodized? Powdercoat? Paint?

Anodized....

I wouldn't do painted as it would chip easily. Not sure how powdercoating would hold up.

I guess you could go Nix route and rebut when necessary.

Black lugs don't look horrible on wheels, but it would depend on all the colors going on. I do agree that black lugs on white wheels with a blue car wouldn't look too great.

Anodized....

I wouldn't do painted as it would chip easily. Not sure how powdercoating would hold up.

I guess you could go Nix route and rebut when necessary.

Black lugs don't look horrible on wheels, but it would depend on all the colors going on. I do agree that black lugs on white wheels with a blue car wouldn't look too great.

I had OEM Honda black lugs...rusted inside of a year.

South FTW! Never had issues with mine.....

I will gladly give you lots of this:

SnowyHwy-783364.JPG

and this:
pile_pic.jpg

That blows. Hopefully insurance will cover the repairs. It doesn't look too bad as long as the core support isn't bent.

That blows. Hopefully insurance will cover the repairs. It doesn't look too bad as long as the core support isn't bent.

The damage isn't too bad. You can't see it too well in the picture, but the hood crumpled quite a bit. Really, I need a new bumper, grill, lip kit, the solid black piece in the lower bumper, and the hood fixed. I have a spare set of headlights for a retro so that is not a big deal.

It was an SUV and I caught him on the rear driver's corner of his bumper. It could have been a lot worse if it was a car.

Here is his damage.

2015-04-24 17.51.34.jpg

Best I can tell, $1,500 in parts alone.

Bumper cover
Upper grill w/ Si badge
New JDM Badge
Lower grill
Headlight
HFP front lip kit (existing one cannot be re-used unfortunately)

No clue on paint costs (@323) and to what extent matching may need to be done.

Good thing it didn't get into his tailgate from what it looks like. Had a guy rear end me and the tailgates are not cheap. Glass removal, repaint etc. Might want to talk to Paul at college hills about parts pricing (forum rewards).

Last winter I took my wife's crv to work because of snow, and someone barely hit the bumper in snow traffic.. 2k worth of damage! It didn't even look that bad..

Back