Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

X8mKmoM.jpg

OMG dude! It's your dream car! Did you chase him down and try and talk him into trading?

I especially like the dual tip muffler under the paint can.

Last edited:
OMG dude! It's your dream car! Did you chase him down and try and talk him into trading?

I especially like the dual tip muffler under the paint can.

That is not a muffler. It is what squirts oil into the flames to create a smoke screen!

Got some dash pieces back in place. Not fully attached as one of my RCA cables were a bit short. On the stereo front, subs are working. Still need to connect the 6.5's though. First time I have actually had the dash piece with the JDM Hazard switch installed. Nowhere near as bright as expected given some of the pics others have posted. Even with the interior brightness up 75%. I might put a red bulb in it to check out the color difference.

2013-06-29 18.26.32.jpg

2013-06-29 18.26.20.jpg

I am about 90% sure a complete Full Race Exhaust System is next!

Added links to products and DIY's to the first post!

well, if you have access to someone who welds, that'd be the best bet. But, jbweld would be a quick option. I know some people have had varied results with jbweld.

I ended up buying a random sheet of steel and cutting it into 1.5" squares and jbwelded them over the old hole. Drilled new ones with the right size bit. Worked out great! Of course climbing in the trunk on a hot day to sand down the paint was a fun experience. Just gotta call Paul at CHH to rent the rivet nut tool and I can finally put my net and hooks in.

Ok good good! Good luck with the install ! Let us know how it goes

I got the subs and amp all wired up over the weekend. So, I have bass, but no mids and highs right now. :confused: One of my RCA cables ended up being a tad short. Waiting on another from Amazon. Just gotta run the power wire to the 4ch amp and speaker wire to the speakers after I get the last RCA cable ran. Otherwise, all cables are ran and buried. The adhesive I used on the velcro for the inline fuse and distribution box isn't holding up very well so I ordered some 3M Dual-Lock.

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the final product. I'd like to hear it, but disstance might be a problem.

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the final product. I'd like to hear it, but instance might be a problem.

I can take a pic in a bit. Nothing fancy. I plan on putting a board up to cover it at a later date. No plans to actually show the speakers or amp through the board. As good as jtittle7317's looks (excellent job, btw!), I have never been a fan of making the sub/amps the center piece of the trunk.

Last edited:
Ended up going with 80 mil GTMat Sound Deadener for the trunk and sides/wheel well area in the back seat. Plus I have a small roll of 40 mil FatMat that I was planning on using for the back deck.

Rear speakers are finally hooked up and sound great with the new amp! All my wires are ran and buried now. Just need to install the sound deadener and I can put the interior back together.

Rear deck with the 40 mil. Trunk and backseat sides with the 80 mil. Since I have been driving it around for so long without the backseat side panels, I have noticed A LOT of noise comes in from the wheel wells. No other plans at the moment for any other places until I replace the front speakers and then I will do the doors.

Back