Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Did you paint the screen cover, or did you find some in red? Also, did you paint over the vtec sticker on the engine cover? Will you be replacing it if you did?

Did you paint the screen cover, or did you find some in red? Also, did you paint over the vtec sticker on the engine cover? Will you be replacing it if you did?
I painted the screen. I was hoping to find some covered in red vinyl. Unfortunately, I did a lousy job taking the vtec sticker off and will be making a trip to the dealer to get a new one.

Ended up not needing to make the trip to Madison. Kind of happy about not wasting a whole day, but would have liked to play around on a freeway a bit with the car for the first time. Oh well.

webby

As far as the Amsoil Synchromesh Transmission fluid, definite difference in feel. Most of the notchiness is gone. Really only a bit going into sixth, which was usually a bit sticky most of the time since I got the car.

323 Dar-Dar

Horns are working all around...even with the fob. I just double-checked all of my connections and crimped the connectors a second time. One came off when I pulled on it a bit. The sound is a definite improvement. Not too high, not too low, but a bit unique.

My car is also running on Amsoil and it's been close to 20k miles already. The transmission is still running pretty smoothly.

I also have the dual Accord horns installed and I will never go back to the road runner sounding horns. Lol.

My car is also running on Amsoil and it's been close to 20k miles already. The transmission is still running pretty smoothly.

I also have the dual Accord horns installed and I will never go back to the road runner sounding horns. Lol.
They are not bad when you lay into them for 10 or 15 censequtive seconds.....but little bursts, naw....no good.

Last edited:
Some afterthoughts on the Progress Rear Sway Bar installation. Without a lift, maneuvering the bar was a royal pain and I actually scratched it up a bit. I had the car up on jack stands at about three notches. It is actually easy to maneuver into place upside down. Anyway, I removed the bolts from the axle-back to provide a bit more room to maneuver the bar. There was no need to remove it. It provides just enough wiggle room.

The top bolt on the driver-side bracket only has enough clearance for a short socket.

As far as the reinforcement brackets go, I decided to drill the extra hole and use a third bolt.

A few pics...

2013-06-13 20.40.05.jpg2013-06-13 20.40.15.jpg

Last edited:
a lot of people go completely stock.

I would have no problem going completely stock. I do not foresee coilovers, new tires, or even wheels any time before next summer.

Red Venair Performance Coolant Hoses have been installed.

Don't mind the disconnected intake hose and dirty engine bay. Seems to be raining about every other day right now.

2013-06-13 16.50.57.jpg2013-06-13 19.34.20.jpg2013-06-13 20.29.35.jpg2013-06-13 20.30.30.jpg

I will be posting a DIY soon for those interested.

Thanks again to wesellcarparts!

Last edited:
Back