Stealth's 2012 Si Sedan Build

Slight update. Tsudo exhaust (burnt tip) purchased and installed yesterday. Holy crap that thing is loud! I'm hoping that it quiets down after a few weeks like many have mentioned on here. In addition, I purchased the 3 pc underdrive pulley set from NST as well. They should be here in 7-10 days due to a backorder situation. Once those are here i'll be installing them and will start looking for flashpro. Pictures to come...
Post 15 has some info pertaining to this
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/pulley-s.6054/

Thanks Webby. I actually saw that thread and many others before making the purchase decision. Call it personal experience, but I've ran underdrive pullies on all my cars for the past 10 years with no issues to date. I don't plan to go the forced induction route with this build, but will most likely be following the all motor route. I also took the time to speak with multiple members of the 8thcivic.com community as well as the TSX community who are running the same setup from NST. The vast majority had nothing but good things to say as far as improved drivability and performance gains. If it would be helpful I can link several of the threads showing before/after dynos of the pulleys on both stock and modded 8thgen civic/TSX. The majority of dynos show a 4-5whp gain across the rev band, with just the addition of the pullies. At the very least, I wanted to take the dive and purchase/install these to give a constructive review for the 9thgen community and not just some manufacturer/vendor promoting the products in hopes of making a potential sale. Not that I having anything against our fine vendors, as I completely understand that this type of marketing is effective and helpful to a degree. But with a personal review, this way, if others, choose to evaluate their options, they can have an unbiased review to help them in their purchase decision.

keeping the updates coming. as of tomorrow i'll be the proud owner of a Rick Spec'd 3.5" intake as well. look for the P2R TBS and ART SRI to be in the for sale in the next week. Had to go with the short ram due to the rain situation in Florida. But should be WAY better than my current setup and what I was planning on going with (Injen CAI).

My 3.5" Rick Spec'd intake should be here today. Once I get that put in, I'll start with Vit. Uploaded the reflash basemap last night. It was a little bit better, but I was definitely was expecting more. At the very least, I'm thankful to get rid of that freakin rev hang.

I'll be forced to sell both the intake and the P2R Throttle Body Spacer + 2 thermal gaskets. I've got someone interested in the intake, but will let you know if it falls through. Hit me up on pm if you're interested in either.

Latest update: Given the recent info from Vit regarding RBC vs Stock IM findings, I have decided to test the limits of the stock setup. The purpose would be to see what the stock IM is capable of with a full bolt on setup and to take it further than most people would in regards to an NA build with the plastic manifold. I believe that if approached properly we could see some impressive gains while retaining great mid-range torque for everyday driving. Regardless of the results, at least this would give the community a great idea of how a fully bolted 2012 civic si (w/OEM IM) would compare to a similarly bolted RBC setup. First up, with the help of my boy 323, obtained all the stock parts needed for the project.

parts.jpg

Reactions: 323
2nd Phase: Purchased P2R thermal IMG

IMG.jpg

3rd Phase: Sent stock Throttle Body, Plastic Manifold, P2R Throttle Body Spacer, Thermal IMG and Thermal TB Gaskets, and Intake Runners (Fuel Injector Base) to Maxbore in Sanford, FL. Was able to get a deal for him to bore the TB from 64mm to 68mm, port match the plastic manifold and Thermal Gaskets to match. He'll also be boring the Throttle Body Spacer to match as well. Lastly, he'll be porting the intake runners to remove the stock casting marks and smooth out the runners. This is similar to what P2R used to offer but recently discontinued. I'm currently in mid-tune with VitViper, but am only 6 calibrations in. We'll be picking up on the tuning once these are worked over and installed. Per George over at Maxbore, it's a 2 day turnaround so I should be receiving the parts on Friday.

Spoke with George over at Maxbore this afternoon and asked him to email me some pictures of the work on my parts so I can post it up on the build thread. He's going to try to take some before/after pics along with some pictures of the work in progress (disassembly/cleaning/machining a new butterfly, etc). Will post once I get them.

On a side note: Got the windows tinted 30% Front / 30% Rear along with some new tires (Yokohama YK580). I'll post pics once I'm back at the house.

Thanks man. I'm hoping to start debadging it this weekend so I can start plastidipping the rims. Can't debate on white or black with glossifier. Thoughts?

Maxbore Parts are back...now to install...

OEM Throttle Body (64mm) Bored to 68mm (Tapered w/new Butterfly)

IMG-20140606-00333.jpg

P2R Throttle Body Spacer w/Thermal Gasket Bored to match

IMG-20140606-00334.jpg

Lower Intake Runners (Fuel Injector Base) Ported 2mm to remove casting marking and flashing. Smoothed out nicely. Thermal Gasket made to match as well.

IMG-20140606-00335.jpg

IMG-20140606-00337.jpg
IMG-20140606-00336.jpg

Will do. I'll work on getting everything installed next week. Then it's back to the tuning process...

The inside of the runners look really clean, I'm sure it will help with airflow

Back