Swapping seats

Any update on if the airbag light can be removed? I have a hondata wouldn't I be able to just run a flash and it will reset it? Also if that does work could I use my hondata on the other vehicle and do the same? For example unlock it from my car reset the light on his car then unlock the hondata from his and go back to mine.

Any update on if the airbag light can be removed? I have a hondata wouldn't I be able to just run a flash and it will reset it? Also if that does work could I use my hondata on the other vehicle and do the same? For example unlock it from my car reset the light on his car then unlock the hondata from his and go back to mine.

Hondata won't get rid of the airbag warning. Hondata is also tied to your vehicle. It only works on one car at a time so you can't transfer tunes between cars.

Hondata won't get rid of the airbag warning. Hondata is also tied to your vehicle. It only works on one car at a time so you can't transfer tunes between cars.
Ok yea I figured as much so there isn't any way to get rid of the airbag light? I mean it's just simple seats there has to be a way around it you would think?

Resistors. I have posted a couple times about it. I can't definitively say what will and won't work anymore though. Basic idea is to stuff a resistor into the yellow SRS clip that the seat airbag normal would go into. Trick the system into thinking the OEM seat is still there. If it's correct, then the light goes off and the rest of the airbags still work.

I've asked everyone who's swapped seats here and everyone has the warning light. I believe a few tried resistors without luck, or didn't get the right ones. They say they just live with the warning.

Resistors. I have posted a couple times about it. I can't definitively say what will and won't work anymore though. Basic idea is to stuff a resistor into the yellow SRS clip that the seat airbag normal would go into. Trick the system into thinking the OEM seat is still there. If it's correct, then the light goes off and the rest of the airbags still work.
Yea I know but I'm talking about taking my 13 oem seats and swapping them with my buddies 15 oem seats. O well I will try the dealer thing and see what they do. A shame Honda has to make things so complicated:(

Yea I know but I'm talking about taking my 13 oem seats and swapping them with my buddies 15 oem seats. O well I will try the dealer thing and see what they do. A shame Honda has to make things so complicated:(
If you're just swapping oem seats you shouldn't have any issue. Disconnect the battery for a while prior to pulling the airbag plug under the seat. Do not attach the battery until after all of the work is done. I recall someone saying they didn't have any warning that way. The "warning" people are talking about here is when you put in aftermarket seats that don't have side airbags. The system is looking for them and cannot see them so it throws a warning. If you're just putting in another set of oem seats, you shouldn't have any issue.

Back