Sway bar question

Get the 22mm rear sway and call it a day. Either way, I hope you're pulling at least a few "g" turns to actually utilize this upgrade. LOL - otherwise you probably won't feel the difference over stock size. IMO.
I've had sway bars upgraded on about 3 cars and can feel the difference with my 22mm "Progress" even with some normal curvy road speeds. So far in the last couple of weeks I've walked away from tailgaters when the turns came into play..... Drivers may vary... :D

I've had sway bars upgraded on about 3 cars and can feel the difference with my 22mm "Progress" even with some normal curvy road speeds. So far in the last couple of weeks I've walked away from tailgaters when the turns came into play..... Drivers may vary... :D
Very true. I understand, I've done the same. I have a 09 Lancer also with 4 grand of suspension work done. IMO, if you don't push the car to the limit to actually "use" the aftermarket suspension, you're just wasting money.

so I should just be looking into the rear swaybar instead of the pair. makes saving some money a lil easier. haha. the one thing i dont like bout my SI, is that it doesnt handle like my 07 GTI did. so thats the major thing I wanna upgrade right now.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Of course the Si will not handle like a "hatch". It's possible though, you gotta pay to play, bro. Drop money on the suspension. LMK, if you need help! :)

You're comparing apples to oranges. Of course the Si will not handle like a "hatch". It's possible though, you gotta pay to play, bro. Drop money on the suspension. LMK, if you need help! :)

I wasnt saying anything against that, thats upgrading and the costs that come with it is something i knew already. just stating the one thing I havent liked about it compared to my old gti. I knew going in it wasnt gonna handle the same.

I wasnt saying anything against that, thats upgrading and the costs that come with it is something i knew already. just stating the one thing I havent liked about it compared to my old gti. I knew going in it wasnt gonna handle the same.
I know, I know. Just giving ya ****. All good. LOL//NO WORRIES

You won't need one. The front of the civic is very stiff as the suspension components are pushed up close against the firewall.

Last edited:
I think wesellcarparts has the best deal currently on the 22mm progress bar. Around $185 if i remember.....
Thanks for the price tip, Nix. We owe you dinner for that one. Question: Despite the massive size you'd still go with the 22mm, and only in the front? I plan on keeping stock suspension for now (in an SI).... is the car going to feel a little weird... and maybe a little less weird with a 19mm? What are your thoughts on the balance issue?

Thanks for the price tip, Nix. We owe you dinner for that one. Question: Despite the massive size you'd still go with the 22mm, and only in the front? I plan on keeping stock suspension for now (in an SI).... is the car going to feel a little weird... and maybe a little less weird with a 19mm? What are your thoughts on the balance issue?
No. Not in the front, only in the rear.

Reactions: Nix
Only upgrade the rear. Either leave the front alone or remove it all together. The car is already unbalanced from the factory for heavy understeer. The larger rear sway helps return a better handling car.

Yes, 22mm progress. It's a difference of squares where the slight increase from 19 - 22mm is significant.
($179 with free shipping from wesell. I just looked. It also included reinforcement brackets)

It doesn't feel weird per say but you will immediately feel a difference.

edit: hah! Lambo beat me to it!

Last edited:
That's the one. They are killing it pricewise. I picked one up for my 08' a couple years ago for $155 shipped. The price has increased significantly. I wanted to order through the same place I got my first one but it was in that $200+ range.

That's the one. They are killing it pricewise. I picked one up for my 08' a couple years ago for $155 shipped. The price has increased significantly. I wanted to order through the same place I got my first one but it was in that $200+ range.

images

:sadwavey:

Not only do we not get free shipping we also get these nice letters from Fed Ex. charging duties on the merchandise.......you boys and girls down south of the border save a shitload........At least we have good beer up here! :hiding:

Back