sylvania silverstar ultra headlight bulbs

thevietkid33

so i just installed my sylvania silverstar ulta bulbs. i highly recommend these to anyone who doesnt want to go hids. the visibility is a lot better than our stock halogen bulbs. if anyone has questions feel free to ask away.
190124_10151370460210030_1070887644_n.jpg

I had Silverstar Ultras on my car before replacing with HIDs. I really liked how it almost looked pure white. I would also recommend these as replacement halogens.

What's their life span on the Civic? I read some reviews where they burn out after 5 months, either wise people seem very happy with them.

What's their life span on the Civic? I read some reviews where they burn out after 5 months, either wise people seem very happy with them.

i have had a set (drl= daytime running lights) in my car for over 6 years haven't burnt out. as long as you dont touch the bulb itself with hands they should last

I had them in my 2006 Si and 2010 EX-L. They each lasted just under a year typically before one would burn out.

I emailed Sylvania about it, and they said that some cars run hot, and that's entirely possible that the Civic was one of them, which might cause them to prematurely wear out. They were very happy to replace them for free for me, but I never ended up taking advantage of it.

Honestly though, they are a pain in the *** to change for the 2012 models, it looks like. It was pretty easy on the 2006-2011 models. I would highly encourage anyone to put them in their car if they aren't doing HIDs. They are pricey, but they are lightyears ahead of the dim stock bulbs we have. I've used Silverstar Ultras for years.

I actually get flashed sometimes with my stock low beams. I drove past an on-coming 9th gen coupe when it was really dark out and I thought they were bright as well. It must be the angle or something. I anticipate I'll be getting flashed constantly once I get around to putting silverstars in this Si.

Besides, it'll wake people up when I really put on my brights and they think they're being abducted its so bright haha.

yeah install actually was wasnt that bad, your going to have to move your battery over to get the driver side one, and for the pass. side you gotta undo the washer fluid top and move that over.

yeah install actually was wasnt that bad, your going to have to move your battery over to get the driver side one, and for the pass. side you gotta undo the washer fluid top and move that over.

That seems like a really obnoxiously large amount of work to change headlight bulbs. I feel like they are making it as much work as possible to do your own work on your vehicle. I don't have the garage, tools, or climate to install the lights myself. Ugh, and I thought the 8th gens were a pain.

That seems like a really obnoxiously large amount of work to change headlight bulbs. I feel like they are making it as much work as possible to do your own work on your vehicle. I don't have the garage, tools, or climate to install the lights myself. Ugh, and I thought the 8th gens were a pain.
+1

Pure white you say huh... my DRL's I bought from Kplayground's website are pure white LED's so maybe these Sylvania Silver Star bulbs will compliment my car since I've tried asking around about the closest white HID's and some people say 5k others say 6k and they've shown me pictures of both and some people say it depends on the HID brand so I'm just so lost hahaha.

hehehe true, but its still just a 10mm wrench... took less than an hour... does look alot different now too....IMG00123-20121225-1032b.jpg

altho it doesnt show up that well, the zxe's are really white, stock fogs looks really yellow now....

Yeah I remember how PITA it was changing the headlight bulbs on my ex-gf's 2006 Civic. Had to pull the wheel well cover down so I can reach the bulb underneath. Did it for both sides of the car. At first I had one hell of a time trying to get my hand through the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment until I realize there is gotta be easier way so went with the wheel well cover which got it done in 15 mins each without taking anything apart in the engine area.

Not sure if 2012s are like that. Have to take a look tomorrow so I'll know what I am in for.

Back