Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

Both home depots and the lowes around me are sold out of plasti dip in black! everyone is doing there rims now! The women who worked there asked my why we don't just use a can of spray paint jajaja. Then NAPA wanted over 11 dollars a can! I can't believe it, I told the guy that HD sells it for under 6 a can! he just shruged his shoulders and went back to his computer screen :shady:

=Did my rims today, heres the Before and after

Do you plan on exposing the center hub caps so the Honda emblems can be seen? I've seen quite a few Si's like this.

You can pick up a pair of centercap stickers really cheap on ebay.

When I change the steering wheel emblem overlay on my car, I'm also thinking about dipping the silver trim on the steering wheel black like the FD2.
jdm-civic_r_010.jpg

you'd dip it inside the car? does that grey piece just pop off? I tried wrapping mine the other day and failed miserably. lol I was tired though and worked an overnight shift the night before and got no sleep that day.

D
That's hott, I don't like shiny, I like that murdered out look.
The lighting of the camera usually gives the shiny look. But it will be a flat black color like how it normally looks.
you'd dip it inside the car? does that grey piece just pop off? I tried wrapping mine the other day and failed miserably. lol I was tired though and worked an overnight shift the night before and got no sleep that day.
I'm going to remove the steering wheel and disassemble it. I have a steering wheel remover so it wouldn't be a pain.

The lighting of the camera usually gives the shiny look. But it will be a flat black color like how it normally looks.

sorry, what I should have said was I don't like any chrome, polished stainless, or polished aluminium for my own vehicles. I like things painted, powder coated, or anodized. Plastidiping the steering wheel will def be pretty cool. I can't wait to see pics when you do it.

My friend and I went up to the automotion car show in Wisconsin dells this past weekend. She plasti-dipped her entire car! She HAD a gray GTI. It's now white and from what I understand this is one of the harder colors to apply as it is thin. She did a phenomenal job and was a hit at the show. This is the only pic I have of it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369188645.446512.jpg

My friend and I went up to the automotion car show in Wisconsin dells this past weekend. She plasti-dipped her entire car! She HAD a gray GTI. It's now white and from what I understand this is one of the harder colors to apply as it is thin. She did a phenomenal job and was a hit at the show. This is the only pic I have of it:

View attachment 18548
I was just talking to my friend about people plasti-dipping there whole car! that's crazy!

View attachment 18548

White is a hard color to apply but if base coats of gunmetal are put on first it becomes a lot easier

White is a hard color to apply but if base coats of gunmetal are put on first it becomes a lot easier

Are those coats of gunmetal easy to get off? I'm under the impression plasti dip can be removed easily. Wouldn't applying those base coats defeat the purpose?

Back