Things Modern Kids Won't Recognize

My dad had this when he was little then gave it to me when I was little, I can't find it anywhere but it was a fun game.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371420558.796856.jpg

I remember the Green Machine from sixty years ago. They were made of steel then and quite rare. There was only one on the block where I grew up.

Speaking of the "the block where I grew up", that maybe something else kids today may not know. Kids today seem so mobile, but when I grew up, I didn't know anyone who did not live on my one block long section of Peoria street. Every street had it own group of kids and we stuck together and did not mix with kids from other streets. I was a member of the Peoria Panthers and the next street over had the Green Street Gang. Those were the days, on Chicago's South side.

Last edited:
wonderyears1.jpg

...That Pluto used to be a planet or that there were 9 planets in the Solar System back then.

Voltron is so bad ***! I used to have the original toys that turned into Voltron. They were made out of metal instead of today's cheap plastic. Which reminds me..

Modern kids missed out on well made and thought out toys. Want a good comparison? Transformers. The ones back in the day were tough as tanks and intricate in transformation.

Fun thread. I'm not sure if anyone already said this but cassette players and VHS

I was watching 'The Ring' the other day and noticed how people nowadays won't be scared of that movie bc noone uses VHS or VHS players anymore. :giggle:

Last edited:
Back