Things you learn at the dragon...

oh ok my bad ken i didnt realize u were goin dat fast lol from dat view it looked alot slower so dat caused me to ask my self why is he braking if hes doin like 40-50 lol sorry :pout:

looked really fun i need to do 1 of those 1 day when is smoky mountain ??

oh ok my bad ken i didnt realize u were goin dat fast lol from dat view it looked alot slower so dat caused me to ask my self why is he braking if hes doin like 40-50 lol sorry :pout:

Not a problem. Depending on the curve. I was running 50-70 around them, but would reach as high as 110 coming up to them. I don't think that video ever does an accurate job of conveying the actual speed.

Also, as k757 said, I did not feel entirely confident in the Nitto Invo tires I was running.

next september, you have a year to prepare cuz I'm like R Lee Ermey.

I had no idea we were going that fast, I was pretty much in 4th the whole time, just easing into the corner near the stock tire's limit, maybe I'll upgrade to star specs or pss next year.

The gopro doesnt really give you the true experience of how tight & fast the corners on 28 are, and many are downhill to boot.

I think camera angle helps also.

NASCAR looks slow as balls, but when the camera is sitting still and watching the cars fly past it...it's much faster.

When a camera is attached to a car and going fast...following another car going fast. It doesn't look that fast or exciting.

Robert: Which Michelin's would you recommend for my Subie? I have the Nitto Invo's (235/45/17) currently on there and I like them better than my previous tires (RE01's).

What video is everyone talking about? I did not see it posted.. :(

GoPro cameras' have a wide angle lins and everything you see is slower than life, and also straightens out the roads so they aren't as curvy as real time.

Since I'm already on here....... There are two ways to drive/ride ......... One is to never use the brake........ And the other is to run it as hard as you can into the corner and use the brake "before" you do any turning. Either way it's slow in fast out that wins the race......... I can't see evergetting out of 1st/2nd gear on the Dragon......

Back