Tighten Fuel Cap Issue

SocalFB6

Turned the car on and the imid said to tighten my fuel cap so I did and the light didn't turn off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

I remember seeing this issue on 9thgen...and I think it was a simple fix...but I can't remember. I'll look for it...

Yes, just read through that thread.

General consensus is just take off the fuel cap, tighten it again with a few clicks, drive like normal for a few days and the message should go away. Some users said 10 miles, one even said 100 miles before the light went off but it did.

Also, they said that if you have a throttle body spacer on an R18 engine, that would cause the error. If that's the case, there is a simple fix involving trimming the plastic gasket on the TBS or something like that.

Lastly, if the error message does not go away or keeps coming on, it could be a bad evaporator canister, and a dealership would replace it.

I do not have a p2r spacer, all I have is a k&n sri thats been on there since january. First time seeing this message on the imid. Hopefully its an easy fix

Yea just give it a few days, there must have been at least 20 people on the other site with this issue and for most of them it just went away on its own, just took some time

Alright, i'll give it a week or even a month before I try something else. I dont like seeing yellow lights on my dash! haha

tighten the cap & drive for a while... report back

At least it will give you something to look at when not watching the road..........

Nothing like a bright yellow light and a chime to keep you focused on the road...

Just an update with the issue. I tighten the cap last night when I got home and this morning there was no light. thanks for all the help guys.

Back