TPMS?

Sivilized

Seaford, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Maybe this is a dumb question but I have seen plenty chat about the TPMS sensors. I have a 2012 Si sedan and recently removed my front right wheel to do the snorkel removal mod. There was no TPMS on my wheel. Do the Si models not have them or is something wrong?

Maybe this is a dumb question but I have seen plenty chat about the TPMS sensors. I have a 2012 Si sedan and recently removed my front right wheel to do the snorkel removal mod. There was no TPMS on my wheel. Do the Si models not have them or is something wrong?
More dumb questions. Is the TPMS an option on the Civic Si? I don't think I have that.

More dumb questions. Is the TPMS an option on the Civic Si? I don't think I have that.

I believe they are required by law in all new vehicles in the U.S. I see you're in Canada, so you may not.

If you let some air out of one of the tires, until it's really low, you would see an alert on your dash - if you have it.

I really don't think so. The easiest thing to do would be to swap them over, unless you bought new sensors for your other set of rims, and had them reprogrammed by a dealer, which I've heard isn't that cheap.

^^ this. Either swap yours over, or pay to have new sensors programmed. (~$30-100 depending on the dealership)

CollegeHillsHonda - any idea how difficult it'd be to add tpms to a canadian model? The post above mine shows the receiver unit & sensors. Any idea if that'd be all you'd need to add it, or is there more to the sensors and wiring it to the imid etc?

TPMS rant. I hate the system.....

I'd prefer to not have TPMS. Buy snow tires and summer wheels/tires? Better get your inspection done with the set that have the sensors installed or buy a second set for hundreds of dollars. Oh and then pay to get em programmed.

Also god forbid you buy new tires and have them installed... or moving the system to new wheels. High chance of the sensor breaking, or stem its attached to, which i've been told is NOT covered by the dealerships ive been to. They basically said good luck, these break a lot when doing this.

Try selling your car with the tpms light on cause you have a bad sensor and it's not worth $200 to get a new one put in and sync from the dealer. hahahahaha. Be glad you canadians.

TPMS rant. I hate the system.....

I'd prefer to not have TPMS. Buy snow tires and summer wheels/tires? Better get your inspection done with the set that have the sensors installed or buy a second set for hundreds of dollars. Oh and then pay to get em programmed.

Also god forbid you buy new tires and have them installed... or moving the system to new wheels. High chance of the sensor breaking, or stem its attached to, which i've been told is NOT covered by the dealerships ive been to. They basically said good luck, these break a lot when doing this.

Try selling your car with the tpms light on cause you have a bad sensor and it's not worth $200 to get a new one put in and sync from the dealer. hahahahaha. Be glad you canadians.
Excellent point Nix. Thanks.
I guess I'm glad I have a Canadian car :canada:

Honestly with as much people that hate TPMS I'm surprised there are a few that would like to add it. If you Canadians want my opinion, STAY FAR AWAY FROM TPMS! For those that don't care and would still like to add it there are a few things to find out. Although what at first may seem simple, control module and sensors, there is more. First, my guess would be that the Canadian gauge cluster does not have the TPMS warning light present. Am I correct? Secondly, you will probably have to swap out an interior electrical harness. The stock harness will most likely not have a connector for the TPMS control module. Swapping these harnesses will involve stripping out the interior. Third, do the Canadian Honda dealers have the electrical tools and or software to service and program TPMS in the first place? I'm sure there are some other items I'm not even thinking of at the moment. Personally I would second Nix's comment. "Be glad you Canadians".

very good points. I wasn't even thinking about the dealerships not having the tools to program them... I'm sure they don't, as they have no need for them in Canada.

Back