TPMS?

So is true that you can't turn VSA off when the TPMS light is on? (Didn't really matter with my last car because I didn't have VSA since it was an LX) I ask because my crkai's don't have tpms sensors

We have TPMS in Canada, I have it on my Si. Our dealers have the software to work with it. Our gauges have the TPMS warning light on it.

I just had my car into the dealership to change the wheels over from my 18" HFP wheels with Michellin Super Sports to the Alloy 17" Si wheels with the Michellin All Season tires and was asking how to go about reseting the TPMS system so i could switch the wheels over myself and was told that they had to hook the car up to the computer to reset the TPMS system

We have TPMS in Canada, I have it on my Si. Our dealers have the software to work with it. Our gauges have the TPMS warning light on it.

I just had my car into the dealership to change the wheels over from my 18" HFP wheels with Michellin Super Sports to the Alloy 17" Si wheels with the Michellin All Season tires and was asking how to go about reseting the TPMS system so i could switch the wheels over myself and was told that they had to hook the car up to the computer to reset the TPMS system

I have a 2012 LX sedan, and I can confirm that there is NO TMPS at all, I installed my winter rims and tires this weekend, no issues whatsoever. It's possible that only the higher trim level cars got this? It would be nice to confirm this.

I built a si model on the honda canada website, and I see no place to add tpms as an option or anything. I also see no mention of the civic having it. I downloaded a full brochure from the site with an options list and it doesn't list it. I'm not saying it's not on the car, I'm just not seeing it on the site.

Can I be lazy and ask if this can be deactivated in hondata? Or bypassed in general?
Almost positive I don't have them on my xxr's and my light doesn't come on and my tc still deactivates. Unless the tire place that mounted and balanced them hooked it up which I doubt because it cost >$20.

Last edited:
The 2012 can be "bypassed" by pulling the fuse for abs, and I believe it was fuse 40 as well. It was traction control and abs, but that's obviously not ideal to lose those safety features. Hondata can't bypass it.

@ron v 2014+ civic doesn't have a tpms sensor, I think they monitor the tire pressure through the abs system or something..

@ron v 2014+ civic doesn't have a tpms sensor, I think they monitor the tire pressure through the abs system or something..
They use the wheel speed sensors that is part of the ABS system instead of a TPMS sensor inside of each rim.
If you get a flat tire or the pressure in one of your wheels changes the diameter of the wheel will change on that one wheel and the speed at which it rotates will change.
The wheel speed sensor will see the difference and tell you that there is a problem with the tire.

Back