Tsudo si exhaust 3 piece or 4

cpro67

Glenview, IL
Vehicle Model
WRX
Body Style
Sedan
So I was just looking at pictures of the Tsudo exhaust and noticed that all the pics for the si sedan version are 3 pieces. The one I received came in 4 pieces which is what the non-si models look like. I installed what I received and it fit, but is it possible I got the non-si version? If so, is the performance going to be affected?

So I was just looking at pictures of the Tsudo exhaust and noticed that all the pics for the si sedan version are 3 pieces. The one I received came in 4 pieces which is what the non-si models look like. I installed what I received and it fit, but is it possible I got the non-si version? If so, is the performance going to be affected?

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that newer versions (production runs) are coming in four pieces.

@323 @AlienPrime may know be able to help more.

I'm not sure about the newer models...the one I have was the first kind they made and only came in 2 pieces.
They've switched up the design a few times since then.
I would contact the seller and express your concerns, it might be hard for you to get in contact with the manufacturer or distributor, but the seller can ask questions for you or they may know.

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that newer versions (production runs) are coming in four pieces.

@323 @AlienPrime may know be able to help more.
mine came in 3 for sure haha

321480_4823512238780_974693983_n.jpg

I sent the seller an email. Waiting to hear back. It just seems like three pieces would be better than 4. Less chance for leaks I would think. Oh well. I guess I'll wait to hear what the seller has to say. Thanks for the feedback!

Ya they have started making them in more pieces to cut shipping costs to get them into smaller boxes. The first production run had a 1 piece mid pipe which is now broken down into 2 pieces so the box isn't so long

Yeah, I bought mine from erz. They emailed me back and told me it was sent in 4 pieces because of shipping costs. Thanks for all the help everybody.

@cdistefano27 reason i ask is because tsudo performance makes a secondary cat delete for our cars. I was curious if the exhaust deleted that portion to begin with so i don't buy both items. How ever the secondary cat delete pipe is only 2.5" the exhaust is 2.76" which doesnt make sense

@AlienPrime are you saying 3 pieces because it does delete the secondary cat and that smaller 3 piece of the exhaust does that?!

Back