Tsudo si exhaust 3 piece or 4

@AlienPrime actually you're incorrect, it does in fact delete the catalytic converter and replaces it with a resonator to keep exhaust notes down. Essentially its a test pipe. Furthermore, logically thinking when removing a cat that also means deleting it too just in other words using the Websters Dictionary as reference.

My question from the begining was as follows, Does the Tsudo exhaust remove the secondary cat. If it doesnt should i aslo purchase the Tsudo secondary delete test pipe to pair with their exhaust system.

@AlienPrime actually you're incorrect, it does in fact delete the catalytic converter and replaces it with a resonator to keep exhaust notes down. Essentially its a test pipe. Furthermore, logically thinking when removing a cat that also means deleting it too just in other words using the Websters Dictionary as reference.

My question from the begining was as follows, Does the Tsudo exhaust remove the secondary cat. If it doesnt should i aslo purchase the Tsudo secondary delete test pipe to pair with their exhaust system.
any other cat back "exhaust" has resonator it might not be as restrictive but still is a resonator. you have two cats on your car and those are on dp

@raf the thing i dont get is if they sell the secondary cat delete in 2.5" why would their exhaust be 2.76" would they wanna make it all together the same size?!

Id rather the 2.76" exhaust size they should have made that test pipe to same size to pair with their exhaust. then the only thing left would be that huge *** honey comb cat right off the cylinder head

From what I understand pasciak is right. There is a dow pipe with a cat connected to a 2nd cat then to a resonator then to a muffler. A downpipe replaces both cats and you can get one catless or catted. A catback exhaust replaces everything after the 2nd cat including the resonator. The Tsudo test pipe replaced the 2nd cat with a straight pipe.

@raf the thing i dont get is if they sell the secondary cat delete in 2.5" why would their exhaust be 2.76" would they wanna make it all together the same size?!
The test pipe is just that. A pipe to replace the 2nd cat for testing. Most people are going to go for a downpipe and a catback which negates the need for a test pipe in the first place. Just like people normally do headers on other cars.

@AlienPrime you either aren't comprehending what my initial iteration was about or you're illiterate. There are TWO cats to our 2012+ Civic Si exhaust system Tsudo sells a secondary cat delete test pipe my QUESTION was are they selling the test pipe along with the exhaust or not?!

lol @PASCIAK

It bolts to the cat! How can it delete the cat if it bolts up to it. Please try googling catback exhaust.

@AlienPrime you either aren't comprehending what my initial iteration was about or you're illiterate. There are TWO cats to our 2012+ Civic Si exhaust system Tsudo sells a secondary cat delete test pipe my QUESTION was are they selling the test pipe along with the exhaust or not?!

Mis-communication/misunderstanding happens. Please do not insult anyone and try to keep the discussion civil.

Yeah thats a little insulting. Answer is no. Its a seperate product. And not needed unless you want to delete the 2nd cat and not get a downpipe.

@Bulkybear just because Tsudo sells the cat delete/test pipe as a seperate item doesn't mean they don't sell that item with the exhaust. Considering people have received 3 piece or even 4 piece exhausts from Tsudo some times when ordering them. Hence my initial question!!!!

Well you know the answer now, don't try and be a smart asss, everything you need is right there. They aren't actually catalytic converters... One is a cat, the other is a resonator muffler. then there is an isolation muffler that cuts back on the sound. Look at the exhausts side by side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you know the answer now, don't try and be a smart asss, everything you need is right there. They aren't actually catalytic converters... One is a cat, the other is a resonator muffler. then there is an isolation muffler that cuts back on the sound. Look at the exhausts side by side. That's all i'm going to say without truly offending you.

If that were the case, then how come Honda utilizes a secondary O2 sensor after the secondary cat. If that secondary cat was actually a resonator there would be no reason for that second O2 sensor to be there? Hmmmm weird how they designed that. I guess Tsudo Performance/Ultimate Products Corporation also listed their 2012+ Civic Si Secondary cat delete wrong as well, it should have been listed as 2012+ Civic Si resonator delete.

Wow guys. Lets just end this at this. From head to tail it goes downpipe with cat into 2nd cat on its own into the catback exhaust which includes a resonator then a muffler then the tip. They could chop the tsudo catback exhaust into 16 pieces if they wanted and it still would be the same product and not delete the 2nd cat.

Reactions: raf
If that were the case, then how come Honda utilizes a secondary O2 sensor after the secondary cat. If that secondary cat was actually a resonator there would be no reason for that second O2 sensor to be there? Hmmmm weird how they designed that. I guess Tsudo Performance/Ultimate Products Corporation also listed their 2012+ Civic Si Secondary cat delete wrong as well, it should have been listed as 2012+ Civic Si resonator delete.
there is no O2 sensor on any secondary "cat"

uploadfromtaptalk1400168191581.jpg

The cannister in picture 1 is the first catalytic converter aka the downpipe. The cannister in picture 6 is the 2nd catalytic converter that the tsudo test pipe replaces. There is an o2 sensor for each I believe but not sure if its upstream from the cat or not. The cannister before the muffler but after the 2nd cat is the resonator. All it does is supress sound and remove resonance so its not raspy. Kind of like a straight through high flow muffler.

Aftermarket downpipes replace piece 1 and 6. Test pipe replaces piece 6. Catback replaces everything after piece 6.

Back