Twitch's R18 build

Hey Twitch does your car actually feels faster?
I know you said that you really like how it drives, can you explain a little bit more?
Thanks! :)

I would say that 0-60 is the same. However, 60-100 the car pulls much harder. The car feels like it wants to go 80, not 55. All I notice at slow speeds is the added noise. I would even argue there is a loss of some low end power. When you open it up you can feel the difference.

Part of this is the tune too. Because I have an auto the car wants to shift as fast as possible. With the current tune I can run through the gears without having to be at WOT.

That said the car is not fast and this did not change that. Nothing short of FI will make this car fast.

So this happened.

54c054d5108e28844596e072b4936a2e.jpg

Congrats Twitch. Is this the performance package?

Hopefully you will still be around :)

Reactions: Tak
It's a sport. Performance package but nothing else. Traded in the Civic and got a good deal even with the modded suspension. Awesome car.

I'll be around for a while. I still want to see what happens with the new civics.

I was but... i really can't do the manual. And unless Honda hanged their minds they won't make it. Plus I don't love the CVT. I really was waiting but I got impatient and the new hatches didn't thrill me. And every time I think I can do a manual everyday reality hits and I give up on that.

This is my family car. Well as close as I'll get to it at this point. I want something I won't want to mod for a little while. Then I'll get a project. Modding the dd was getting stressful with my daughter. I need to be able to be there for daycare and other things and she needs something safe and reliable.

congrats man. I think you may be the 3rd gti owner in like the last 2 months here.

I hear you @Twitch
Driving a heavy modded car as a DD is stressful. We gotta worry about this and that. I like GTI but I will get a minivan as a family DD.
Enjoy your new ride. Driving GTI is fun as I also have a colleague who also owns it.

Thank you everyone. @stilletto do you know any good forums out there? I like the community here but Im going to need some help with this cars. This is my first VW, I've only owned hondas until now.

Hahah. Yeah exactly. That's why I'm avoiding that one. I've been looking around a little when I was doing research.

I just want to get some OEM accessories and find a good place to buy parts. I don't want to mod a lot. Just get some protection items and maybe upgrade the fog lights. Otherwise the car is well loaded off the lot.

Went to work at 5am this morning so I could drive on some empty roads. Wow. Reminds me of the Mini Cooper S we used to have just better in every way.

Reactions: Nix
Golfmk7.com forum is good. Vwvortex has good information and member traffic as well

Vortex is knowledge central, but what a bunch of jackasses.

ECS Tuning for all your OEM+ needs.

Don't want to mod a lot? Then why buy the PP?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Vortex is knowledge central, but what a bunch of jackasses.

ECS Tuning for all your OEM+ needs.

Don't want to mod a lot? Then why buy the PP?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ok thanks.

I may mod it. I don't have plans yet but things change quickly. I wanted the option if it came up.

Reactions: Nix
This car runs very good without major mods. Of course, we can mod it to bring it next level of performance :)

Back