Vancouver Riot Photos/Videos and Aftermath (Some may be NSFW)

And yeah, I just looked at the page now.

I love hte fact that so much of this was caught on video and photograph. I hope people get railed for this.

A 22-year-old Richmond carpenter is eating his words after he was fired from his job for making comments in support of the Vancouver riot on his Facebook page.
Connor Mcilvenna says that he went downtown with some friends around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday to watch the post-Stanley Cup riot, but didn't do anything illegal.
"I didn't do anything. I did nothing wrong. I was just there," he said.
He did, however, post several pro-riot status updates on his Facebook page, including statements like "atta boy vancity!!! show em how we do it!!!" and "vancouver needed remodeling anyway...."
Mcilvenna listed Rite Tech Construction on his profile as his employer, and the morning after the riot, he was called in by the boss and promptly fired.
"I have big regrets for making stupid comments I just shouldn't have made," he told CTV News after losing his job.
Rite Tech owner Justin Reitz says that Mcilvenna's thoughtless comments impacted his company's reputation.
"I just didn't feel like what was said was appropriate, and I didn't want any affiliation towards my company with the things he said on Facebook," Reitz said.
"I had over 100 emails and out of the 100 emails, close to 30 of them were copies of his Facebook page which he sent out during the riots."
Mcilvenna says he's apologized on Facebook in the meantime, but the lesson has been a hard one to learn.
"I didn't do anything. I was just there. I made stupid comments that I'm extremely regretful for, and people just took them the wrong way," he said.

A 17-year old male, who was caught attempting to light a police car on fire during the 2011 Vancouver riots, apologizes for being part of the mayhem.

Nathan Kotylak is part of the national men's water polo team, and has a full scholarship to the University of Calgary this fall. He was caught trying to light a police car on fire in front of thousands of rolling cell phone and television cameras.

Report: Couple won't cash in on kiss

It was the smooch "worth $10 million," but the Romeo who stopped the globe with his kiss amid the Vancouver riots does not want to cash in on it, The (Sydney) Sunday Telegraph reported.

Yes, this really did happen. But there is much more to the story, as the couple explains in an exclusive interview.​

Australian Scott Jones made worldwide headlines when he was photographed embracing his girlfriend, Canadian Alexandra Thomas, amid the chaos of Wednesday night's ice hockey riots in Vancouver.
Leading Aussie celebrity agent Max Markson said the global exposure was worth a potential AU$10 million (US$10.6 million), while public relations firm PPR Perth managing director Peter Harris said Jones could have cashed in on the "advertising equivalent of millions of dollars."
"It's a $10 million branding exercise. If you had something he could endorse it would be amazing," Markson said.
But Jones said he did not want the "extra stress," and Saturday turned down the offer of flights to New York to appear on "The Today Show" and "Good Morning America."
Instead the couple will follow through with holiday flights booked for California on Sunday before continuing on to Australia in the coming months.
"It's just too much," Jones said in his only interview, with CBC News Canada, of the talk show offers.

"We just don't need the extra stress. We are totally booked up for the next three weeks. We have everything planned. We can't change anything."

Thomas added, "We're going on holiday. We've been looking forward to this for months. We're just going to go spend time together."

Freelance photographer Richard Lam took the photo of the couple lying on the road in an embrace amid the chaos, with Jones saying he was helping Thomas after she was knocked down amid the riot.

Over a million photos!

Vancouver police are combing through more than one million photos and 1,000 hours of video submitted as evidence following the Stanley Cup riot in downtown Vancouver on Wednesday.

Hundreds of people tore through downtown streets breaking windows, looting stores and setting cars on fire following a huge street gathering that had been watching the Canucks' Stanley Cup loss.

Crown attorney Neil MacKenzie said only a handful of charges have been laid, but it is still early in the investigation.

"Obviously, the files are being given priority by Crown and police but it does take some time to complete the investigation and prepare reports," MacKenzie said.

It was really nice seeing the public cleaning up the next day... everyone was out in full force and you couldn't even tell anything happened apart from the boarded up windows. People are dumb and I definitely hope those that wilfully participated in the carnage get what they deserve. There is absolutely no excuse for it - no one forced anyone to become a destructive, violent vandal.

Back