VTEC pop

Oh wow, gotcha. I had no idea you could do that. Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. Yes, maybe I'll tell my dad about this sooner and why not doing this route. Is not that I'm against the tune. Its just that I get in the way you described it and the way that it makes sense it's about 1300 dollars and I've done that before with my cars and I'm trying not to spend too too much money on Park this time around. Is not easy for me to do that. I'm just trying not to make it a huge money pit for myself that you catch my drift.[emoji3] [emoji19]

May see a little better mpg...little more sound. Nothing major, but you also won't be replacing the stock paper filters all the time.

May see a little better mpg...little more sound. Nothing major, but you also won't be replacing the stock paper filters all the time.
Wait, I'm sorry, I'm confused. What do you mean I wouldn't be replacing the stock paper filter isn't that what I would be doing? A little bit better performance / mpg / sound is all I'm looking for. Lol

Wait, I'm sorry, I'm confused. What do you mean I wouldn't be replacing the stock paper filter isn't that what I would be doing? A little bit better performance / mpg / sound is all I'm looking for. Lol

Paper filters need changed once a year or so. With a K&N, you clean it every 50,000 miles. They pay for themselves after a few years.

Paper filters need changed once a year or so. With a K&N, you clean it every 50,000 miles. They pay for themselves after a few years.
Gotcha gotcha gotcha so in summary, basically a little bit better performance, little bit better sound, and their meanings on the air filter itself? Sounds like a win-win to me unless I'm missing something else lol

If you aren't going to tune the car then leave the engine stock or you will lose reliability and/or power. These cars are tuned to run what they have on them stock, when you change that you throw the tune off and run it more lean/rich than intended, so it responds by pulling timing and decreasing power. The kn intake has actually been proven by vit to cause a power loss at high rpm. Also, save your maf sensor from the oiled air filters and stick to non oiled replaceable filters...

If you aren't going to tune the car then leave the engine stock or you will lose reliability and/or power. These cars are tuned to run what they have on them stock, when you change that you throw the tune off and run it more lean/rich than intended, so it responds by pulling timing and decreasing power. The kn intake has actually been proven by vit to cause a power loss at high rpm. Also, save your maf sensor from the oiled air filters and stick to non oiled replaceable filters...
well I was going to say, li air filter that was posted on that thread . amazon.com seems like a good replacement no?

Also the VTEC crossover is just plain going to be quiet on this engine compared to other due to VTEC only being on the intake camshaft, no exhaust VTEC on this engine.

Also the VTEC crossover is just plain going to be quiet on this engine compared to other due to VTEC only being on the intake camshaft, no exhaust VTEC on this engine.
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I just wanted to ask a question once. To be honest with you though this k24 z7 engine really pulls quick enough for me lol

well I was going to say, li air filter that was posted on that thread . amazon.com seems like a good replacement no?
Honestly the factory intake isn't a restriction until you upgrade the downpipe and tune. It's kind of all or none with these engines

That is perhaps the best way to put it.
Gotcha I can't thank you to you both for explaining and fully to me in detail I appreciate it! I just wasn't sure what the heck everyone was talking about. I'm going to do that situation of removing the resonator tube with my dad, and putting the K&N filter on to the stock intake system. I need me to be the best solution for my needs and my car.

Mucter on 8th ran 600hp on a stock air box. The Honda systems are damn well engineered. He ran it so it would be quiet too.

Back