VTEC pop

The brand is not the issue. The intake size is.

I am not sure how big the stock tube is.

Honestly, with a downpipe and a tune, the driveability of this car increases dramatically regardless of if you want to race it or not. The car even benefits from getting retuned by Vit without any mods...more power and better driveability. An intake really isn't necessary as it will only get you a few horses.
And normally I would agree with you, but all I'm looking for for my daily life style right now is a few more horses. Are you saying that if I buy that can in Thai food intake I won't even see a few more horses? Besides I wouldn't mind the look and sound of it on my engine either lol.

And normally I would agree with you, but all I'm looking for for my daily life style right now is a few more horses. Are you saying that if I buy that can in Thai food intake I won't even see a few more horses? Besides I wouldn't mind the look and sound of it on my engine either lol.

The ONLY intakes showing gains are 3.5" in size and they require a tune.

Seriously, get a 3" downpipe and a tune and you will love the car so much more. Should result in a 15-20 (9-12%) whp gain. Best bang for your buck power mod for this car. Add the PRL SRI and you will see a few more whp and get that sound you are looking for.

The ONLY intakes showing gains are 3.5" in size and they require a tune.

Seriously, get a 3" downpipe and a tune and you will love the car so much more. Should result in a 15-20 (9-12%) whp gain. Best bang for your buck power mod for this car.
I'm not arguing that effect with you, I'm just saying you're dissing Tunas what 5 $600? Not trying to sound cheap person but for daily driving I used to spend a lot of money on my car I'm just trying not to make it a huge financial money pit if you know what I mean.

I'm not arguing that effect with you, I'm just saying you're dissing Tunas what 5 $600? Not trying to sound cheap person but for daily driving I used to spend a lot of money on my car I'm just trying not to make it a huge financial money pit if you know what I mean.

Well, simply put, the only mod that will help you in the power department without a tune is a catback exhaust...but that comes at the expense of noise and is expensive for the few whp you will get out of it.

How much you spend (and feeling as if it is a money pit) is ultimately up to you. With this car, if you want more power, it is going to cost you and the entrance price is FlashPro.

Well, simply put, the only mod that will help you in the power department without a tune is a catback exhaust...but that comes at the expense of noise and is expensive for the few whp you will get out of it.

How much you spend (and feeling as if it is a money pit) is ultimately up to you. With this car, if you want more power, it is going to cost you and the entrance price is FlashPro.
I was just thinking about it, even with a K&N typhoon intake I don't see how I would lose any power is over the stock intake system. It's still an open filter there is anything you would still increase power and usability of color though. And mean it is a short ram intake after all.

I was just thinking about it, even with a K&N typhoon intake I don't see how I would lose any power is over the stock intake system. It's still an open filter there is anything you would still increase power and usability of color though. And mean it is a short ram intake after all.

This car is very sensitive to the AF ratio. It will compensate for the intake to hit the target without regard to what it does to power. These cars are very advanced computer controlled systems. It is no longer as simple as trying to cram more air into the engine. Vit has compared intakes with dynos and shown the losses. He has tuned 1,000s of Civics and is one of the most well known Civic tuners. Assumptions be damned. Manufacturers claims be damned. He has done real world tests.

This car is very sensitive to the AF ratio. It will compensate for the intake to hit the target without regard to what it does to power. These cars are very advanced computer controlled systems. It is no longer as simple as trying to cram more air into the engine. Vit has compared intakes with dynos and shown the losses. He has tuned 1,000s of Civics and is one of the most well known Civic tuners. Assumptions be damned. Manufacturers claims be damned. He has done real world tests.
Oh no I believe you and I trust your opinion of course that's why I'm asking you. I'm just so freaking shocked that's all. I'm trying to the so sensitive to the air fuel ratio mixture and the computer is that much more advanced. I mean at the June warned that expensive I would consider a, but like you said a decent a pro tune is about $600 cuz you need a license key then you need someone to do it for you which is labor so you looking at almost $1000 for tune plus the intake system.

Oh no I believe you and I trust your opinion of course that's why I'm asking you. I'm just so freaking shocked that's all. I'm trying to the so sensitive to the air fuel ratio mixture and the computer is that much more advanced. I mean at the June warned that expensive I would consider a, but like you said a decent a pro tune is about $600 cuz you need a license key then you need someone to do it for you which is labor so you looking at almost $1000 for tune plus the intake system.

FlahsPro and tune from Vit: $775 (savings of $120 due to being bundled)
Downpipe w/cat (Full-Race): $449
PRL SRI: $180

Grand Total: $1,404 (plus shipping)

If, as you say, you have spent a lot on your cars in the past, this is not that much and really transforms the car. Realistically, it is how the car should feel coming from the factory, but it gets neutered due to emissions regulations.

FlahsPro and tune from Vit: $775 (savings of $120 due to being bundled)
Downpipe w/cat (Full-Race): $449
PRL SRI: $180

Grand Total: $1,404 (plus shipping)

If, as you say, you have spent a lot on your cars in the past, this is not that much and really transforms the car. Realistically, it is how the car should feel coming from the factory, but it gets neutered due to emissions regulations.
Your trust me between you and I right now that's nothing I don't agree with how the cars getting neutered due till emissions. Is there any way to make the stock intake system on the Civic Si sound louder? Lol

Your trust me between you and I right now that's nothing I don't agree with how the cars getting neutered due till emissions. Is there any way to make the stock intake system on the Civic Si sound louder? Lol

Take off the resonator tube, but there is debate as to whether or not it actually impacts performance negatively.

Its all good, I'm just looking at the instructions on how to do it. My dad I don't have jack stands. It looks like a cool job nonetheless though.

I believe someone has done it without taking the tire off. Also, add a K&N drop-in filter.

I believe someone has done it without taking the tire off. Also, add a K&N drop-in filter.
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to do that without training wheels off? Do you have a more straightforward instruction on how to do that? Where would the drop in k and k and n in filter go though? Because you still have the stock OEM filter on the intake.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to do that without training wheels off? Do you have a more straightforward instruction on how to do that? Where would the drop in k and k and n in filter go though? Because you still have the stock OEM filter on the intake.
You take out the stock paper air filter and put a drop-in k&n filter in its place. It's exactly like the stock paper filter in size etc. It's a direct replacement filter.

You take out the stock paper air filter and put a drop-in k&n filter in its place. It's exactly like the stock paper filter in size etc. It's a direct replacement filter.
Okay bear with me since I've never done this before, I've only done short ram intakes on my older cars. You mean put a drop in k and k& N filter inside of the stock air box ?

Back