Welcoming new members

you got rid of the 9th gen for an old school sti? that's funny, I see a lot of people doing the exact opposite. I'm sure you'll miss the better stereo, the i-mid display, and the softer suspension. Nonetheless, congrats on getting what makes you happy. I hope you didn't lose much on the deal.

you got rid of the 9th gen for an old school sti? that's funny, I see a lot of people doing the exact opposite. I'm sure you'll miss the better stereo, the i-mid display, and the softer suspension. Nonetheless, congrats on getting what makes you happy. I hope you didn't lose much on the deal.

lol @ old school STi. Its the best year man!

Can always upgrade the stereo ;)

eje8anag.jpg

Here she is in the sunlight :)

Hello Everybody,

I realize I started posting already without introducing myself in this thread. So here it goes my name is Dragos have a passion for cars and racing in most of its forms, as time allows I am an avid iRacing and GT5 fan and as of recently I have a black 2012 Si Sedan (gotta fit two child seats in it :) ). I have to say that despite all the bad press and partially disappointed reviews i read on the internet I am very happy with the car and still do not fully get why everybody is so upset about it. It is a different Si than the previous ones but that is all I can agree to. The fact that is not turbo is actually a plus for me, not that others were but it is on the wish list for many. I know these days the a bit more pricier competition has turbo, I like tons of torque and power like any petrol head out there but there is something magical about a naturally aspirated engine, so I would always tend to go for a bigger engine without turbo than smaller with, regardless of numbers, may be slower on the track but it is personally more fun for me. I like turbos don't get me wrong but usually the good ones are quite expensive as well. I find the Si for the price point in Canada at least it is the best money can buy I believe for a 4 door car and possibly a 2 door if you want a fun and reliable car:) From all the cars I tested in the last months I have to say it is the one that manages to put a smile on my face every time I drive it or just see it. And I do like the shape of it more than the other Si generations for some reason, no offence intended :)

Mods wise for the moment I am thinking of some black alloy rims, not sure which yet and possibly an extra set of high performance summer tires but I guess after I buy some winters for the season and good weather is back. I do love a nice rumble so maybe a new exhaust but I need to see how that would affect my warranty... Stiffer suspension is also something I would go for but that most likely will void my warranty. I would go for better air intake parts, and I would lower the VTEC point since the K24 has a lot to offer. I would love a device that dynamically controlls the VTEC point, so I can set it according to my driving moods. And as you can see the list goes on :)

As a finishing note I still wonder quite often why so many people spend their money on mid size sedans, small suvs or any other 30k vehicle when for the not so much of a size increase, smoother ride (I would say wobbly :)) they miss on all that the 4 door Si offers which is a very practical car that can offer a ton of fun. This car is a bit of Jekyll and Hyde it can be a quiet calm ride or a small beast when pushed. Rationally I know why people buy other cars but I still wonder at it :)

welcome. What wheels do you have on it?

Just wanted to say hi I've been on the site for a while but just saw this thread I have a civic si coupe. thanks for the website it really is helping me for ideas for the future. image.jpg

I don't have many since I've been working a lot but everything is stock straight out the dealer

Welcome LionHdz, like your avatar.
I just bought a Coupe(neet) a couple of months ago, Nothing added other than some protection & comfort mod's.
Window visors & lightly tinted windows&moon roof/Highwalled floor liners(Frt)/Frt seat covers/Wheel lug covers(Orange)/Trunk tray.

Back