What are you having for dinner?

Well. It wouldn't pull. It was like the last pork I smoked and had to cut it. Still good but disappointed. Should I use pork belly? I. So confused.

Is that a leather plate?
It was a plastic plate with a faux leather vinyl wrapped on top of it. We ended up getting drunk on a bottle and a half of wine each and the little food we got was just okay. A let down overall. But was only $60/person with gratuity included.

All "high-end" places are not worth the money, unless its a steak house.

All "high-end" places are not worth the money, unless its a steak house.
half disagree, many are, but the Michelin star places are as much about the experience as the food. Similarly the chefs that have won James Beard Awards that I've gotten to try have all been fantastic.

There’s a place nearby called Herbfarm which is supposed to be one of the top 10 restaurants in the country. Something like a 9 course tasting menu and $400/head.

Tried pulled pork on the Weber yesterday. Was on for about 3 hours then wrapped it in foil. Ended up probing at 209f because I left for a couple hours to go mountain bike. Still turned out alright. Couple drying spots. It was also a pork shoulder with not much fat on it.

Any tips to make it more flavourful next time? I did a rub, not sure if the lack of fat is the issue. It was a $22 piece of meat from the grocery store.

Well. It wouldn't pull. It was like the last pork I smoked and had to cut it. Still good but disappointed. Should I use pork belly? I. So confused.

Im not as up on my pork parts but i think the interconnecting muscles and fats are critical to the cook. Sirloin might be too lean to cook like that.

As for making it more flavorful, once you pull it, mix in some acid like cider vinegar to cut the fat flavor and season generously with your rub to get the seasoning throughout. Never gotten a "good" pulled pork without doing both of those

I usually have made pulled pork over longer times at lower temperatures. If you can cook it at lower temperature so it gets to 180-210 after 8 hours, then it’ll be more tender (my experience). Then like @ethlar said, you can add some acid to further break it down.

:yeahthat: pulled pork is a long low cook for me, 165 for pellet grill smoke, then 225-250 depending on patience to get fat to render

I got it to 170is and took it off because the family wanted to eat. I found it got more tender after microwaving it so im confident that I just didn't reach 200ish to render it.

I cooked it at 250 for like 5 or 6 hours.

Trying out a cheap cut of beef on the Weber. Chuck roast looking to shred it. 1 hour to go will make it 7 hours on the grill.

If this doesn't turn out I'm going to be devastated. My dad and step mom are coming here for Canadian Thanksgiving and I'm planning on doing a brisket and then smaller turkey on the Weber.
signal-2023-09-17-10-07-55-973.jpg

Highlights from the last month or so…

When grilling….do you guys clean right after cooking or clean when you fire up the grill next time?

I clean the next time I cook but oil the grates after I clean and before I put meat down to cook.

IMG_0571.jpegIMG_0572.jpegIMG_0563.jpegIMG_0524.jpegIMG_0494.jpeg71452935026__6E3AD1E4-5F06-4735-901B-8DC98CBA945C.jpegIMG_0410.jpegIMG_0409.jpeg

I clean next time. I'll oil it once and while if I don't have oil on the meat. But I mostly smoke with the Weber now.

Back