Which is which?

Jake LXer

Jaykwabee and the R18
New York
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
sedan
6. Using automotive grade wiring (18 gauge), connect the yellow wire to a positive 12 volt constant (un-switched) source either on the vehicle or in the fuse box.

7. Using automotive grade wiring (18 gauge); connect the red wire to a positive 12 volt ignition (switched) source. It may be connected to the fuse panel, an accessory wire, or any positive 12 volt source that turns on and off with the ignition.

Does anyone know which fuses in the fusebox are switched and unswitched? I don't have a multimeter and it would make my life 10x easier!

Its a pressure gauge, there's two wires that i want to tap into a fuse one is a 12v constant unswitched power source and the other wire would be something along the lines of an ignition fuse because it has to be a switched power source @Pauly99to17

Alright. I went to my car and got the owner's manual out. Here's what my fuse page looks like. You don't want to see my fuse box area. Haha. I have 5 taps into the fuse box, the door sills are tapped into the dome lights. There is literally no more room for me to put any more fuse taps.

image.jpg

To answer your question, if I understand correctly. The following fuse Should give you constant power : #2 and #42
Ignition controlled fuses that I have used are : #23 and #27
Fuse #35 only goes on when you turn your headlights on.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I'm late but Pauly is right, fuse #23 will give you the ignition controlled power you're looking for, just use an add-a-circuit to tap into the power. Can be found for a few bucks on eBay

59ed4ca9987c60758c09f5420703c356.jpg

Thanks Pauly! Really appreciate it and I have the fuse tap expandable circuit from glowshift, let's hope I can get this gauge working!

To answer your question, if I understand correctly. The following fuse Should give you constant power : #2 and #42
Ignition controlled fuses that I have used are : #23 and #27
Fuse #35 only goes on when you turn your headlights on.

Hope this helps.

Hello Pauly,

I am trying to connect my water temp gauge and the boost gauge to the dash instrumental lights so that when the car turns on and the mph displays along with other instrumentals, I would like the gauges to turn on bright during the day just like the mph display. Also, my ShiftGlow gauges have a 'dim" wire as well that is supposed to be connected so at night, when the mph display and other instrumental lights dim, the water temp gauge and the boost gauge will dim as well. How do I connect my gauges this way to get them to do that?

Basically I need to know where the 12V power wire is located for the mph display or other instrumental lights that turn on at the same time?
Also, I need to know where to connect the 'dim' wire of my gauges so it dim's when the mph display does or the other instrumentals?

I know that this is a very specific case but this is now the gauges and advertised as being able to do that and ShiftGlow is stating that this is the proper way to connect the gauges.

Do you know how I can do this. Please let me know if you do. Once I get started on the installation, I will create step by step instructions on how to connect the gauges this way to help others trying to do the same thing I did.

Thank you

Wow. That's beyond my area of comfort. I didn't even realize our gauges automatically dimmed. Are you sure about that? I thought we had to use the little black knob on the dash to control the brightness. ???

Personally, I would just forget about dimming the gauges. Just hook them up to turn on with the car. You probably don't even need to hook up the dimming wire, but I'm just guessing here.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Yeah they do dim. But if you have the brightness set high for the daytime and then when you turned the lights on and set it high again. You would not notice a dim. If you set the dim lower at night with the lights on, it saves that setting. Same with daytime driving.

@Pauly99to17

Oh, okay. I have mine set to the brightest setting all thé time. Can never be too bright for me.

Hello Pauly,

I am trying to connect my water temp gauge and the boost gauge to the dash instrumental lights so that when the car turns on and the mph displays along with other instrumentals, I would like the gauges to turn on bright during the day just like the mph display. Also, my ShiftGlow gauges have a 'dim" wire as well that is supposed to be connected so at night, when the mph display and other instrumental lights dim, the water temp gauge and the boost gauge will dim as well. How do I connect my gauges this way to get them to do that?

Basically I need to know where the 12V power wire is located for the mph display or other instrumental lights that turn on at the same time?
Also, I need to know where to connect the 'dim' wire of my gauges so it dim's when the mph display does or the other instrumentals?

I know that this is a very specific case but this is now the gauges and advertised as being able to do that and ShiftGlow is stating that this is the proper way to connect the gauges.

Do you know how I can do this. Please let me know if you do. Once I get started on the installation, I will create step by step instructions on how to connect the gauges this way to help others trying to do the same thing I did.

Thank you
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
you could do access for a day or whatever to download the wiring diagrams you need

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
you could do access for a day or whatever to download the wiring diagrams you need
After doing more research, I found out that you just need to connect the 'dim' wire (which is orange on the ShiftGlow water temp sensor) to the positive headlight wire. So once the headlight come on, the gauge will dim 30%.

Now, does anyone here know where the positive headlight wire is located inside the car? I obviously know where its located in the engine bay area, but it would be easier to connect it to the inside of the car so I don't need to run a wire from the gauges all the way to the headlights wire in the engine bay area.

Also, can some please tell me where the firewall hole is located so I don't have to search for it. I need to know because I will be running the wires from the engine bay area to the inside of the car.

Last edited:
Back