Which short shifter?

Do you think the ss without bushings would do it. ? With a heavy shift knob

How is your trans? How did u get home?

My transmission was/is fine, I was able to drive with the bent cables. Depending on the bend you either have difficulty staying in all even or odd numbered gears or you lose them completely (meaning you temporarily can't shift into them due to the bend). The first time I bent my cables I lost all odd numbered gears, which wasn't too bad. The second time was a rare occurrence, I bent the cable that's responsible for the side-to-side motion so when i moved the shift lever to the left it just stayed there. I thought it may have been a spring problem, but they were fine.

Do you think the ss without bushings would do it. ? With a heavy shift knob

Yeah you'll be ok with keeping the short shifter and getting a weighted knob. You can even get a countersunk one too if you want the knob to sit lower.

I have all that, I lost evens the first time but was able to drive in 1,3,5 no reverse, this time only one gear ( 5 th) was able to get home but burned a little clutch, was able to get in first it drive up to the dealer,you have been real helpful to me and I appreciate it a lot, I think I understand it better now, damn them bushings

I have all that, I lost evens the first time but was able to drive in 1,3,5 no reverse, this time only one gear ( 5 th) was able to get home but burned a little clutch, was able to get in first it drive up to the dealer,you have been real helpful to me and I appreciate it a lot, I think I understand it better now, damn them bushings

No problem man, we're all here to help one another :)

Got it back today, the trans feels like it did day one, real tight. I think the second cable was defective,car feels like day 1 again.i might change fluid with red line

Back