Which short shifter?

Because some don't understand what a short shifter really is. Regardless, I prefer the additional inch the Buddy Club gives. Less time my hand spends traveling from the steering wheel to the shift knob. I'd rather not have to reach into my center console to shift. I'm almost tempted to make the lever even higher.
Right!? I think it would be nice. People say that if it's higher with a short shifter, The throws are longer, which kind of makes sense. But then it doesn't. Because it's still shorter from the base..? I never knew how it works lol

Not hard to replace? How mechanical are you though ?

Not hard at all. I don't consider myself advanced, but I'm also not a beginner. Even though I've been doing car stuff for several years, I still learn new things all the time. I never replaced shifter cables before I did them on my Civic a couple months ago.

Even though it's an 8th gen, I read over this before doing the job just to have a better understanding of uninstall/reinstall: http://www.scribd.com/doc/74047957/8th-Gen-Shifter-Cables-Install-Guide

Hopefully aftermarket will bring better ones eventually, thanks for the insight, it's helping me

How did you bend them?

Shifter cable bushings, the number one result of not installing them carefully :giggle:

Hopefully aftermarket will bring better ones eventually, thanks for the insight, it's helping me

Contact Hybrid Racing, IIRC the 8th gen cables fit the 9th gen. They offered me a set when I bent my cables but I passed. They are pricey though.

See I think that was the problem with mine , they put an aggressive Angie on the cable and there too tight,
udapaze6.jpg

See I think that was the problem with mine , they put an aggressive Angie on the cable and there too tight,
udapaze6.jpg

Yeah those are bent cables. Not fun to drive around with lol. If you end up looking into the Hybrid Racing cables you don't have to fiddle with the bushings as they're built in, unlike the stock cables where they can be popped out.

So the same happened to you ?

Yeah, twice actually. Once a couple years ago but I was able to get them replaced under warranty. And a couple months ago I wanted to try cable bushings again I bent one of them very slightly, so I just decided to replace the cables and do away with the stiffer bushings. Which bushings do you have?

Back