White or blue TE37's on white Si coupe??

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
So I bought a set of used 17" TE37's with the intentions of getting them powder coated white but now that I have them and will soon be dropping them off at the powder coater, it crossed my mind to go with a blue color similar to the magnesium blue Volk offers on a few rims.

also if I go with white, would blue decals/lugs look better than black decals/lugs? I know both questions are just preference, I just wanted to hear some opinions

Mag Blue like color.....but either would look good.

If you want a powder color close to Mag Blue lert me know. I had a guy on the other site match something that was pretty close. He used one of the real mag blue caps I have.

Did he upload any pics of the wheels after they were powder coated?

Yeah....I will look through all the emails I have, I'm pretty sure there is a pic of the TE37s on his S2000 he did in the color he used. I also have a sample peice of metal he sent me.

if you end up powdering them in white I would go with the blue decals and lugs.

White on white is always clean looking. I've liked the look of white on white with blue stickers.

Well it won't let me edit so..... I think black lugs. Most of the blue ones, ive heard people say they fade bad/fast.

I've seen both the white and mag blue on a white civic (not at the same time), and either look awesome in their own right. Get another set so you can have both.

Well it won't let me edit so..... I think black lugs. Most of the blue ones, ive heard people say they fade bad/fast.

They do fade but black lugs on a white wheels can get boring.

Not the greatest pics but here is the wheels with the "mag blue" powder color.

download

Here is one with the my Mag blue cap on it....

tn

tn

Cap and the sample plate....

CIMG3563.jpg

It's a tough call, white would look sick but keeping white rims clean is a b***h!

My concerns with blue are how close of a match will it be to Volks mag blue, how much more than white will it cost and is it some special powder mix that will be difficult to match a year later if/when I check a curb or bend one, or is it a standard color from a particular brand of powder?

Thanks for digging up the pics!! So where would I get that blue powder?

It looks good, a lil darker than the volk blue but I don't mind that

Actually after looking at it again it's closer of a match than I thought, I was looking more in the shadow area on the sample plate but when you look in the flash area it's damn similar

thanks again for all the help Nomar! I'm going to call the shop who will be refinishing the wheels to see if there's any issue with me supplying my own powder, or maybe he can just order the same stuff from powderbuythepound.

I ordered the blue decals & lugs, forgot to order the blue valve stems but I'm about to. They'll work good whether I go with white or blue for the powder coating.

Not the greatest pics but here is the wheels with the "mag blue" powder color.

download

Here is one with the my Mag blue cap on it....

tn

tn

Cap and the sample plate....

CIMG3563.jpg

last pic is the only one showing for me

Back