White or blue TE37's on white Si coupe??

I had CE28 in satin black. I liked them for the short time I had them.

DSC00230-1.jpg

You had them for a short time because u got rid of the Si or because you got tired of the wheels?

Damn nomar, seems like if I can think of it you have done it :)
On those satin black with the white stripe, is it a vinyl white stripe or painted/powdercoated stripe? And do you have any pics of those mounted, they look rediculous!

Kenny you shoulda thrown some steelies or something on it before you sold it and kept those ce28's...they look very nice in black!

painted taffeta is good stuff. Any other white and you'll end up clashing on a white car (my opinion)

Yeah, its a vinyl stripe. You can buy it at the car parts store. It is a pinstripe kit thing. I'm sure I have more pics.....

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

painted taffeta is good stuff. Any other white and you'll end up clashing on a white car (my opinion)

Yup, that's my other concern with powder coating white, is the match. I'd have to drop another $500 if they clash when they're done, which would suck!!

I'll decide soon and get them dropped off. I should have waited to order my lugs & decals cuz now I'm kinda stuck picking a color around them, I was convinced I wanted white wheels when I ordered the blue lugs & decals..and after doing some research I found out that the blue rays lugs don't match the decals very well, but there's some mugen lugs that match them perfectly, if that's the case once I get them mounted I'll have to swap em out for the mugens.

you can obviously always sell items if you change your mind on color... (or return items if you're within a return period?)

You're right webby, it's not too much of a pain to swap everything out if I decide on a color that doesn't match but I don't think it will be an issue, after seeing those last pics nomar posted I'm 99% sure I'm going with satin black. The blue decals look good on the satin black TE's on that white M3 so I'm sure they'll look good, I would think they'll also look good if I add a white strip on the lip and if they don't I'll just peel off the blue decals & swap em out for black.

What size are those nomar? They look sick!!

Kenny you shoulda thrown some steelies or something on it before you sold it and kept those ce28's...they look very nice in black!

I sold the CE28 wheels to someone in Fla with the Star Spec tires and ltd.ed. CF center caps. (just as you see in the pic)

I sold the Si with the stock Honda wheels.

They were 18x7.5

yea they looked like 18's...had it not been for the great deal I got on these 17's, and the fact that I can use my stock tires with them, I would have gone with 18's...I have a feeling these are going to look too small for me once they're mounted and I'll have to sell them to go bigger...or drop the car lower to where bigger wheels won't even fit :)

This is definitely a low budget set of volks, by the time I get them back from the powder coater I'll be into the set for right at $1,525 which includes everything; rims, refinishing, lugs, stems, decals & mounting my stock tires on them..not a bad price for a set that should look new when they're done.

I sold the CE28 wheels to someone in Fla with the Star Spec tires and ltd.ed. CF center caps. (just as you see in the pic)

I sold the Si with the stock Honda wheels.

smart man, you usually get screwed selling a car with upgraded wheels, even when they're high dollar, good quality wheels.

yea they looked like 18's...had it not been for the great deal I got on these 17's, and the fact that I can use my stock tires with them, I would have gone with 18's...I have a feeling these are going to look too small for me once they're mounted and I'll have to sell them to go bigger...or drop the car lower to where bigger wheels won't even fit :)

This is definitely a low budget set of volks, by the time I get them back from the powder coater I'll be into the set for right at $1,525 which includes everything; rims, refinishing, lugs, stems, decals & mounting my stock tires on them..not a bad price for a set that should look new when they're done.

I was right about the same price if not lower for my set of Volks. I picked them up for $1000 and then refinished them myself. Not the great quality of work but everyone said they looked good, lol.

i alwayas thought the striped lip looked tacky, and cheapened the look of the rim. But thats just personal taste i guess. I always like my car to not stand out a ridiculous amount, more just flow, cleanly.

If you were open to other colors, ive always thought the TE style looked amazing in bronze and the darker grey they offer.

IMG_8716.jpg

IMG_8780-1.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

this is a picture that doesnt give you a good idea of the flake, but what it looks like on the bigger spokes.

IMG_7681.jpg

and while they arent TE style, you can get a good idea of what they look like on TW from this picture.

297539_2176784291662_1008505368_32532563_126905486_n.jpg

if I had a nice big oven in my garage I could just powder coat them myself and only spend around $1000 total with the cost of the rims...maybe next time, I've always wanted to get a lil powder coating set up for the house.

I've always liked bronze or gold, the dark grey are nice but they're a little too plain for me, needs to stand out a tad bit more. I've personally always like the striped lip look, if it's done right. Not sure if I've seen a white lip done before but I think it looks great, red works really good on black too but that's been done so many times before.

A lime greenish color looks good on a black wheel. Yellow is not bad either.

Back