Why is iMid wallpaper not an option!?

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Huy I need your help. So since i've owned my car for 2 weeks now I've been searching the forum for cool pics to put on my iMid screen. Finally i decided which pic i would like. There's only one problem, iMid doesn't even show "wallpaper" options.

Here's my troubleshooting steps. if it helps i have navigation option on my car:
Formatted FAT
Formatted exFat
Formatted FAT32 from a mac computer
Formatted FAT32 from a windows computer
Sized the image size by the manual ratio via Photoshop 1920 X 936
Sized it from a website recommended on this forum i think imedwallpaper
Size of the pic are 850KB
Sized one down to 173KB
6 character long filename
saved it as a .jpg
Put the file on the root directory
Tried it with the car on, in semi on, and electronics only
Tried using both usb input in the car
Tried inserting the usb prior to starting the car, and after the car started in both inputs
reset all setting in iMed
In navigation there is a settings, info, wallpaper/clock option. I click on that and in wallpaper i can add a picture. I see the picture and it lets me import it. But after that i can't access that imported pic from iMed. So i don't see the point of having that there but this tells me the port works, and i can import the file.

So i just don't get it. iMid gives me 4 screen options when I press the info button I get the audio screen, trip info, clock, and blank black screen.

Any clues what could be the issue? my specs are 2014 civic EX-L with Nav. Please help

What makes me mad is I follow the manual and I go to "MENU, CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS, DISPLAY SETUP, and all i get from here are TIP METER ITEM TO DISPLAY, WELCOME SCREEN, COLOR THEME, KEYLESS START GUIDANCE SCREEN, TURN BY TURN DISPLAY, LANGUAGE SELECTION. thats it. No select wallpaper, imports wallpaper, delete wallpaper.

What's strange is that those "..import wallpaper, delete wallpaper..." options are available on my nag screen. But i don't know how to get that on my iMed.

@MrsJrotax101 yes lol i get stuck where her screen and everyone else's screen shows options to import, select, and delete wallpaper. Mine just say welcome scree, color theme, etc...

What makes me mad is I follow the manual and I go to "MENU, CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS, DISPLAY SETUP, and all i get from here are TIP METER ITEM TO DISPLAY, WELCOME SCREEN, COLOR THEME, KEYLESS START GUIDANCE SCREEN, TURN BY TURN DISPLAY, LANGUAGE SELECTION. thats it. No select wallpaper, imports wallpaper, delete wallpaper.

What's strange is that those "..import wallpaper, delete wallpaper..." options are available on my nag screen. But i don't know how to get that on my iMed.
Do you live close to the dealership? I'd see if your salesman/tech there could verify the issue and see if they can get it working for you. I don't know what other suggestion to give since you've tried numerous ways.

In the future you can use this site. It is a good site for formatting pictures for Imid quickly and easily.

http://imidwallpapers.com

I agree with Webby. Just go to the dealership. They can check this easily and hopefully the is a quick fix too.

hello! Could you solve your problem?
To me, it happens exactly the same problem.
There are options to import, etc ...
My version is the 2014 Civic sport nav.
I'm going crazy and can not find solution.
If you have been able to solve, I appreciate you to help me.

Sorry for my English.

hello! Could you solve your problem?
To me, it happens exactly the same problem.
There are options to import, etc ...
My version is the 2014 Civic sport nav.
I'm going crazy and can not find solution.
If you have been able to solve, I appreciate you to help me.

Sorry for my English.
Hello, reading my manual multiple times I realized it explains how to import a wallpaper to your iMid (Model with one display). We have 2 displays (NAV and iMid).

So, i believe that is the only thing you can do, apply a wallpaper on the nav screen. I emailed my sales person but he hasn't gotten back to me about this issue yet, he only mentioned he would look into it.

If you find anything let me know = ) I'm using a wallpaper on my Nav screen when not in use, and keep the music list on my iMid

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 9.40.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 9.40.02 PM.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 64
Could be new to the '14s, but on my '13 with both the Nav and the iMid I can import wallpaper for the iMid. It's the same process as what you show in the owners manual.

Could be new to the '14s, but on my '13 with both the Nav and the iMid I can import wallpaper for the iMid. It's the same process as what you show in the owners manual.
I agree. I have navi on my 12 and I can't put a wallpaper on my navi screen only my imid screen. But the 14s have a new navi then we do so maybe they decided to nix the imid wallpaper option???

Hello! I've been talking with the seller, and has been tested in 2014 without browser version, are available import options, etc ...
I'm sure it is for the browser and version 2014. I am waiting to get another Civic with browser, and confirm.
Any news, I notice.

regards

I've searched and have seem 2013 with Nav civics having a wallpaper on the iMid. My wife has a 2013 without Nav but I downloaded the manual from her car. When i got the wallpaper section the only difference between her manual and mine (2014 with Nav) is the "models with one display" on the top left corner.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 10.37.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 10.37.03 PM.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 41
I've searched and have seem 2013 with Nav civics having a wallpaper on the iMid. My wife has a 2013 without Nav but I downloaded the manual from her car. When i got the wallpaper section the only difference between her manual and mine (2014 with Nav) is the "models with one display" on the top left corner.
have you asked your dealership yet?

have you asked your dealership yet?
yeah, i've emailed my sales person to see if he has any way of clearing this up, he replied that he will look into it but that's about it. I will contact him again friday.

Well my salesperson got back to me. I am correct. There is no way to add the wallpaper to the iMid. Only thought the second display which is the navigation screen. Really wished there was a way to put it in the iMid screen. Well, I'm getting used to it on the nav screen.

Pretty crazy, but thank you for updating. Seems like they didn't feel like updating the manual to reflect those changes which doesn't make sense. The manual would have to be different in other areas, because there are changes to the audio etc in the 14's.

I am having the exact same problem. I have a 2014 civic ex and when I upload the photo to the center screen it's successful. When I press set I am pretty sure that is supposed to set the photo for imid. Like advertised on Hondas website. http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/i-mid.aspx

I don't even see a way to display it on the main screen and I wouldn't want to have a picture displayed there anyways. That screen is used way too often. Anyone find out anything further on this one? I don't think that salesman was correct. image.jpg

according to post #15 above -
Well my salesperson got back to me. I am correct. There is no way to add the wallpaper to the iMid. Only thought the second display which is the navigation screen. Really wished there was a way to put it in the iMid screen. Well, I'm getting used to it on the nav screen.

his salesman said it cannot be done, but it makes no sense
@MrsJrotax101 any chance you can reach out to @SOLO8thGenSi to see if he can verify this, or see if there is a workaround?

Back