Will not start

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
my 2013 SI for some reason out of the blue decide to die on me. it has been just fine all the way up till now when I go to start it makes a click nose and goes off until I let of the key. I tried jumping it and nothing but i pushed started it and it started but even than it is acting funny. my air bag light comes on and my power streeing goes in and out. and if I am not in gear and go above 2,700 Rpm my car had a slight vibration more than normal and everything flickers such as Lights, A/C, PS, and the windows.

I checked the battery off it says 13.5 on it says 14.1 and no CEL are on and nothing is showing up on Hondata.

not sure if anyone has had this happen and knows a solution.

Sounds like a bad ground is shorting out the battery

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I think @Dar-Dar just had this problem and it ended up being a dirty ground. Give ur grounds a check first and hopefully some others can chime in.

Yeah. It could be a grounding issue. Clean both ends of the negative terminal. Also, check your fuses. They can also be the culprits.

Probably a ground but I would check the MAF sensor as well.

Have you tried turning the key to just the ignition?

Probably a ground but I would check the MAF sensor as well.

Have you tried turning the key to just the ignition?
yes, it is fine but as soon as you try and turn it over it just goes click and blank. but after if you just let it go like if it started it seems like it is shorting out. the dash flashes and such.

I checked the battery turms and they look good and clean no build up at all

If it's not a ground, check that the MAF is plugged in completely, installed correctly and clean

it's tight around the post and MAF is clean. I am not sure if it would be a ground that is on the car? I found 1 on the body that looks clean not sure where the others are tho

I am really thinking it is the batter now. it's doing the same thing when my old batter died.

I am really thinking it is the batter now. it's doing the same thing when my old batter died.
If it clicks, it can be the battery. But you did mention that you tried getting it jumped and nothing happened.

Did you unbolt the negative terminal from the body and clean it? Check the fuses too!

idk if you can see it but is that one it for the negative for the battery 20170831_163034.jpg

Back