Work Experiences/Rant Thread.....

clevrname

Well everyone, I don't know if this is only the case for me, however, I used to work in a medical facility and often saw some very interesting things while at work. Now that I work in a car dealership, I still see some funny crap on a daily basis so I figured I would start a thread about work experiences that are pretty fun to share.

I also added this thread because sometimes I am so pissed off at work, I just want to vent to someone, so here is the place to do it.

So whether you're pissed off and need to tell someone how much of an a-hole your boss is and why, or the funniest thing every happened to you at work today, feel free to share.... I figure this could make for some good conversation.

I will start off with a wonderful experience I had with a guest the other day considering a Prius.

He called in and inquired and told me he was parked in our used car lot between two Hyundai Santa Fes, in a Corolla that looked like Jesus himself had driven. He asked me to meet him at his car, when I got there (with a Sales Manager as backup), he had a pleathera of questions that we both answered for him. He then asked the sales manager to leave because he had some interested information that he could only share with me. She left and the fun began.

It went a little like this: "Josh, Jesus sent me here to buy a Prius from you. When I talked to him last night, he told me that I needed to go see Josh at ******* ****** Toyota and get a Prius, he said you were a very kind, loving, and gentle person. I must say that Jesus was very right. Now my wife and I need to go home and ask Jesus which color will be best for us and we will get back to you tomorrow."

:iorun:

I work at a grocery store. I'm a bagger currently.

Rant: I had a customer come in and tell she wants paper bags and for me to tell her if she went over $300 in groceries. So when the total hit $306 I said, You've gone over $300. She says:

You are a fat bastard, you are making me uncomfortable commenting on my groceries.

I responded, I'm sorry i'm making you uncomfortable, i'm simply doing what you asked me to. You asked for paper bags for your groceries, as you can see, the groceries are in paper bags. You asked me to tell you if you went over $300. I did that. I am not thrilled with you calling me a fat bastard, I am clearly not fat and i do have a father.

At this point, she makes a face at me and proceeds to make up further bullshit and tell it to my store manager.

So of course, i get pulled aside and the store manager says to me:

Do you know how much money this lady spends here? we need her buisness, please refrain from saying anything besides "Paper or Plastic" and "Thank you, have a nice day" in the future.

I asked what she told him i said, he said it didn't matter, but she said i called her a ******** and that she was fat and ugly and a dumbass who spends too much money trying to feed herself.

I told him i said none of these, these are not words i would use to describe a woman in her early 40s who obviously excersises a lot. I said, i would appreciate if next time you would ask me my side of the story before you start dishing out punishments.

I proceeded to feel lucky i still had a job.

I work as a Worker's Compensation Adjuster, and I deal with several interesting stories, I've seen everything trust me!!!. I was handling a case, where this lady was written up at work, because she had brought her pet Iguana to work inside her purse, and then placing the Iguana right next to her Keyboard. After her write up, she filed for a Worker's Compensation Claim, claiming Psyche, stress, hair loss, sexual dysfunction (I don't even want to know why this was claimed) Her reasoning was that her Iguana was the only companionship that kept her sane at work. I denied her claim of course.:mad:

WOW! That's crazy.

My first day of work in the ER I had a 90 year old woman come in with a dildo stuck in her vagina. Disgusting, but not something you hear everyday. lol

First week in about 2 months I have had a 40 hour work week and have been back in our office... I am so worn down and tired its not funny, I love and hate it when my boss decides to take on a few dozen projects at once and he is understaffed...

^^^^
I feel your pain! My boss does this and it gets on my last nerve since he doesn't turn the wrenches.
My boss has given me 2 extra jobs with the same pay. The jobs I do now used to be done by 3 employees not one. On top of that he wants to cut 5% off total cost which has been done every year for the last 5. I have not gotten any upgrades so I will not be any more efficient or faster with more work and less motivation.

I was at one point working 7 hours at one site, leaving driving a hour and spending another 7 hours at a different site

Back