Work Experiences/Rant Thread.....

This is great. I need more stories LOL

Like the time a guy came in, went straight to the beer aisle, filled his backpack with pounder cans of Natty Ice to the point where he couldn't zip it? :rotfl: Once he couldn't fill his backpack anymore he tried putting it on his back, one can fell out. As he bent over to pick it up more fell out. He ended up just putting them in his jacket pocket and walked out. When I went to stop him, he handed me one can from his pocket and said that was it. You could see all the cans in his backpack lol. I kept telling him no it's not. He handed me one more can from his pocket and said that was it. And again. It ended up being 15 pounder cans of Natty Ice in total LOL!

Like the time a guy came in, went straight to the beer aisle, filled his backpack with pounder cans of Natty Ice to the point where he couldn't zip it? :rotfl: Once he couldn't fill his backpack anymore he tried putting it on his back, one can fell out. As he bent over to pick it up more fell out. He ended up just putting them in his jacket pocket and walked out. When I went to stop him, he handed me one can from his pocket and said that was it. You could see all the cans in his backpack lol. I kept telling him no it's not. He handed me one more can from his pocket and said that was it. And again. It ended up being 15 pounder cans of Natty Ice in total LOL!
hahhahahahahaha wow :rotfl: that's insane. I love hearing security stories. I watch a lot of shows on tv about criminals, etc

hahhahahahahaha wow :rotfl: that's insane. I love hearing security stories. I watch a lot of shows on tv about criminals, etc

I like the adrenaline rush. As fun as catching shoplifters is, it can get boring at a grocery store. It won't be forever, I eventually want to get into narcotic work. I'd probably get a massive adrenaline rush going when doing a drug sting.

I like the adrenaline rush. As fun as catching shoplifters is, it can get boring at a grocery store. It won't be forever, I eventually want to get into narcotic work. I'd probably get a massive adrenaline rush going when doing a drug sting.
Oh man. I wish you could start a criminals reality show for us on 9thcivic

The way the calls are going, I have coworkers who take like 1 call an hour with another half hour between calls and I'm doing like several back to back calls with like barely a minute between calls.

:mad:

We are getting paid the same amount but I feel like I'm doing more work.

I see the same kind of thing where I work... coworkers who get to kick back for some reason. It would be nice if a manager would crack the whip.

I brought it up to the manager on duty especially with how today went and he just shrugged stating that's how "queues" work..... Yeah right!

Here's a good one to show actually how stupid criminals are. Right before leaving work a male subject in his mid 20s decided that he didn't want to pay for any of the meat items he selected. He began concealing everything into his backpack, about $40.00 worth. He ended up going to an area of the store where I have no camera coverage, so I had to go pretend to 'shop' for a bit. He saw me 'shopping.' Long story short, when he passed all points of purchase and exited the store I ran out to apprehend him. Of course he denied everything, most do. I explained that I have everything on camera, he claimed because he saw me 'shopping' that I don't. Clearly he doesn't know how a surveillance system works. Before he fled the area he gave me a full name and address, usually when this happens it's a fake. I decided to call the police, lo and behold it was his real name and address LOL!

Another LP story :D

The above individual was back again tonight, but lets start from shortly after the above incident. I met with the responding officers a couple days later because they had to present a lineup so I could ID the individual. While talking with them they told me when they went to arrest the individual he claimed he was stealing the meat items in order to feed his family.

Back to tonight... I'm not going to go into detail. I was watching this person from even before he entered the store, however was unable to get a solid face shot until I went out after him. He had approximately $60.00 worth of meat items concealed in his backpack. As I approached him he wouldn't turn around, but I was able to get in front of him. That's when I was finally able to ID him. It looked like his heart dropped into his stomach when he saw me. I asked him to come back into the store with me, but was hesitant. He asked if he was going to be arrested. I asked that he step back inside so we could talk. Being the nice guy I am and his story of needing to feed his family matched that of what he told the police, I decided to cut him a break. He removed everything from his backpack and I proposed the idea of me buying him and his family some food. He instantly broke down... After I paid for everything and brought the bag full of stuff out to him, he was still crying and couldn't thank me enough for my good deed. I told him that I don't want to catch him stealing again and he made a promise he wouldn't.

...but yet, I hope he's not legit in a way. I hope that he and his family really aren't in that bad of a situation :(

Back