Yellow/Clear fogs with hid pics

nafizur

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I finally got a new 2012 Honda Civic EXL and i'm loving it thus far. Now, I would like to do my next mod asap, but before i do that, i really need to be sure i make the right decision. I would like to get fog lights with 3000K HID, but i'm not sure if i should get it with yellow lenses or clear lenses. I would like some help from the members of this forum to reach a decision. I want to do this ASAP as in like tomorrow, but i know it's not possible. So, i was wondering if anyone has any pictures of fogs with HID in clear or yellow. If you do, please post a few pictures and state whether it is a clear or yellow lens.

Thank you all

there are countless users who have done a yellow tint to their fogs, or they're using yellow bulbs instead of hids.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-sedan-fog-light-diy-updated-easy-method.4198/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-foglight-overlays-template-included.3657/

3479740a.jpg

3000k HID below

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0XMAs3iii0

Thank you so much for the reply. If i were to buy the yellow, i'd buy it yellow lens and not tints. So i was wondering which would be better. I'm looking for a specific type of look. Please see the pic i've posted. I'm not sure which K bulb he used but i know it's HID for sure. Also, i'm not sure if it is yellow lens or clear. I just want that exact look.

IMG_6188.jpg

I've never seen a yellow lens on a foglight.

oh.. the guy i'm buying it from, he asked me if i want clear, yellow, or smoke.

%24(KGrHqV,!okE8YECmTuNBP(GwRVd(Q~~60_35.JPG

I know it's not for 2012 but i'm just trying to show the yellow fogs.

Thank you so much for the reply. If i were to buy the yellow, i'd buy it yellow lens and not tints. So i was wondering which would be better. I'm looking for a specific type of look. Please see the pic i've posted. I'm not sure which K bulb he used but i know it's HID for sure. Also, i'm not sure if it is yellow lens or clear. I just want that exact look.

View attachment 4006

That looks like my in laws car where was this?

i have no idea. i found the pic online. I'm trying to achieve that look with my fogs, but not sure what he has on.

In my 8th ten I had yellow lenses and in my 9th I put an overlay over the OEM lens when compared side by side, it's virtually no different. If you are putting aftermarket bulbs in your fogs though, I wouldn't go with the film because there have been reports that it melts. Here's my car with 6000k HIDs in the low beams and OEM bulbs in the fogs. Sorry it's during the day. I don't typically take pictures of my car at night

DSC00070.jpg

photo-23.jpg

For comparison
IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

the blue car, is it yellow tints or clear lens? also, i'm guessing it has no HID on correct? i'm planning to put on 3000K HID. I guess i'll go with clear lens and HID

The blue one has a yellow lens. No film/tint. And yes, no HIDs in the fogs. They do just fine with the OEM bulbs so I never bothered with HIDs in them.

If you're putting HIDs in them, 3000k will give a nice yellow (sometimes somewhat greenish) glow but will likely damage a film put over the lens. Clear with HIDs is probably the better option for you.

why? Cracked oem fogs?
Mine never had fogs from factory. My car was an absolutely basic Si. I wound up buying my yellow fogs from Password JDM because I preferred the look of the yellow/amber on blue

Back