DIY Bright White LED DRL's

SiEnthusiast

Hey guys just finished up this project and decided on posting the materials you need to make your DRL's white if you want to.
Notice, running LED's in your DRL/Hi-beams will grant you no light output, therefore giving you no hi-beams at night. I would only install this if you have HID's or bright enough bulbs that you feel comfortable with. I myself have Nokya Arctic white low-beams, and they get the job done.

First you will need the LED bulb. I bought this one from Classy Autos on Amazon, but there are many others as well. Make sure it is a 9005 series.
http://www.amazon.com/Classy-9005-6...d=1348160078&sr=8-1&keywords=classy+autos+led

Once you install the bulb, you will get an error on i-mid. The error is caused because the LED's do not use up the 50+ watts that the stock halogens use, and the computer thinks the lights are off.

To get rid of this problem buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160782769899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Once installed the warning goes away and all is normal.......

EXCEPT that the LEDS are too dull. This is caused because the DRL's are made to run on way less power than the hi-beams. Try having someone in the car and have them flash the hi-beams while your DRL's are on. See how much brighter that its? Wouldnt you want to have them that bright always?

Well here is the fix:http://www.v-leds.com/Daytime-Running-Lights/Modules-Harnesses/NEW-IMPROVED-9005-PLUG-p6297704.html

I installed the decoder first and then this to the bulb. Make sure you install the decoder and this intensifier as well. I made the mistake of installing just the intensifier and blew both hi-beam fuses. Remember that the intensifier has double polarity, so if your lights won't turn on simply flip the plug over and connect it again.

I hope this helps some of you, i personally love the look and can't stand the yellow bulbs.

I'm no expert but through trial and error got here, feel free to ask any questions.
This picture is in broad daylight at noon, will take another in a bit

WP_001413_zps3ec06bdd.jpg

Blew the Left hi-beam fuse just now... Was parking and wanted to see how my lights looked, as soon as i flashed the hi-beam i heard a click and the light went out.

I'm sure there is a way to not blow the fuse when you flash your hi-beams with this setup, but for me i just wont do it anymore, theres no reason to if you're running LED's anyways.
Now to wake up tomorrow and go buy another :D

write the company that makes the intensifier?

I wonder what would happen if i put a 15 or 30 amp fuse instead of the 7.5 or 10 amp it has.
I mean if it just wouldn't blow anymore but would be safe for the car then i rather replace it for a higher amp one.

Webby, i talked to them and they said that it is a problem with some cars, and that you need to buy yet another piece from them. However, they said that you would only blow the fuse while flashing the hi-beams and that the DRL's will work flawlessly.

The decoder i have i guess gives no protection to the circuit which i thought it did,

Thanks. I like driving with my DRL's in high beam instead of my head lights in low beams it just looks better haha

If you were to get hids and these drls how would they look at night? This might be a stupid question but do the drls stay on at night?

They switch off when you turn your headlights on, but you can turn them on with the headlights already on by turning on the highbeams.
Uh...when you turn on your high beams, your low-beams switch off

I'm still not quite sure what you're asking, but if you mean the fuse/bulb going out, I didn't modify anything. I bought my LED DRL's from kplaygrounds website... Kplayground.ca

Back