DIY $ 15 temp gauge

In my opinion this is the kind of stuff Honda and other manufacturers can add to increase value. Softer interior and more chrome on the bumper not so much :) After all for 15 bucks, which includes profit, they can make the enthusiast crowd so much more happy!

In my opinion this is the kind of stuff Honda and other manufacturers can add to increase value. Softer interior and more chrome on the bumper not so much :) After all for 15 bucks, which includes profit, they can make the enthusiast crowd so much more happy!
I'd like to see it where we could plug something like that in, and have it show as an alternate page on the cars screen.

I went ahead and got an ELM 327 Super Mini OBDII bluetooth interface on amazon for $15.00 (use the Brainy Trade store if you want the authentic device. There's a youtube video showing fakes from other vendors that don't work).

I parted with another $3.95 for Torque Pro for android. This is the most fun you can have with your car for under $20.00. I use it with my phone. I have left it plugged into the OBDII for several days now without issue. I wonder how much power its led draws.

Very sweet!! Love the tablet idea for the car. Yes it would be cool if iMID could display all of that information but at present we're hoping somebody can hack it so we can do the software mods.

I went ahead and got an ELM 327 Super Mini OBDII bluetooth interface on amazon for $15.00 (use the Brainy Trade store if you want the authentic device. There's a youtube video showing fakes from other vendors that don't work).

I parted with another $3.95 for Torque Pro for android. This is the most fun you can have with your car for under $20.00. I use it with my phone. I have left it plugged into the OBDII for several days now without issue. I wonder how much power its led draws.

I was about to order but noticed "CAN" in the product description thinking Canadian version or does it matter since I am in California?

Nevermind on the "CAN" post. It's just a type of bus. lol. Ordered one so will be here soon from Amazon.

DOn't know. Pretty sure mine shipped from NY.

Just got my tracking number. I too ordered from Brainy Trade store but tracking says it's coming out of China with delivery date of Feb 8th. lol. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it's the same item. Great job Amazon.

That is pretty nifty. Did you say it works with an iPad? Have you tried the 0-60 or the HP yet?
There's a different OBDII version sold for apple os and I'm not sure if torque has an apple version, but there's similar stuff for apple out there. Yes I've tried the 0-60, 40-60 and 60-80, and they work. I've not tried the 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I don't get a readout for HP but haven't fiddled much with it yet.

I went ahead and ordered another one with a different vendor on Amazon because this Feb 8th date is nuts. This time it's being shipped out of New York.

When the second unit arrives from China it'll be my spare. lol. Lucky these things are cheap so no big deal for me.

This is the vendor I ordered from for $15:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z5TSZ4/ref=ox_ya_os_product
I hope it works for you. Watch this video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-9lTgx_z8

Well, I got the one from China today and it's a fake. :( So waiting on the one from New York.

Well, I got the one from China today and it's a fake. :( So waiting on the one from New York.

It may still work. Did you try it? Mine (the NY one) didn't immediately register with the torque software. Rather than spend time trying to troubleshoot it, I bought Torque Pro from the app store, which had features I wanted anwway. Bingo. Bluetooth found it right away. So, if you'll be wanting the Torque Pro version anyway, you might buy it (@$3.99) now and try the China product with it.

Found BrainyDeals direct link. Waiting on my second unit to arrive which I ordered via Amazon which sent my order to a different supplier. Hoping it's the real deal. If not I will try the link below:

http://tinyurl.com/a3swqpn

Back