9thcivic Tail of the Dragon 2013 ???

I wish I can go down for the spring, I moved further south, but no closer to the dragon.

I'll be ordering my tires come spring, Michelin PSS, honestly I don't really feel like modding further other than just small stuff. The car drives just fine and I don't feel like spending >$1,000 to make it handle only slightly better.

I wish I can go down for the spring, I moved further south, but no closer to the dragon.

I'll be ordering my tires come spring, Michelin PSS, honestly I don't really feel like modding further other than just small stuff. The car drives just fine and I don't feel like spending >$1,000 to make it handle only slightly better.
don't need $1k for better handling. Whiteline Front sway does wonders for auto-x. I don't know what drugs people on NASIOC take saying that the car is better with a rear sway, unless they consider going sideways around corners "cool". I'll likely need new Star Specs by the end of summer and will/maybe get Koni's before the auto-x season starts.

Tires and brakes will be needed... I also need to figure out a transmission whine, think its the throw out bearing...

Tires and brakes will be needed... I also need to figure out a transmission whine, think its the throw out bearing...
I need new tires, but just need to order them. I just received my rossos for the si. They were only 89 each for 225 45 17.

don't need $1k for better handling. Whiteline Front sway does wonders for auto-x. I don't know what drugs people on NASIOC take saying that the car is better with a rear sway, unless they consider going sideways around corners "cool". I'll likely need new Star Specs by the end of summer and will/maybe get Koni's before the auto-x season starts.

Just what I was thinking, in fact I just ordered Rallitek front endlinks. I was leaning towards the 24mm front bar on the soft setting because upgrading from a 21mm stock bar to a 22mm whiteline doesn't seem like much.

****! :ohnoes: does it do it with the clutch pushed in?

Just what I was thinking, in fact I just ordered Rallitek front endlinks. I was leaning towards the 24mm front bar on the soft setting because upgrading from a 21mm stock bar to a 22mm whiteline doesn't seem like much.
I have the Whiteline endlinks and they are hard core.

IMG_0240.jpg

I have the Whiteline endlinks and they are hard core.

IMG_0240.jpg

That's the rear bar, do you have front and rear whiteline bars? Or does that bump you up a class in autox?

I really don't like to use spherical endlinks for daily use, the ralliteks are pretty beefy and cheaper than kartboy.

Reading up on it, think its more than likely input shaft bearing. The noise disappears when I push the clutch in.

Yep, could be an internal problem.

Also check your clutch fork / slave cylinder. The contact point could be dirty and corroded and cause a noise when the clutch is released.

That's the rear bar, do you have front and rear whiteline bars? Or does that bump you up a class in autox?

I really don't like to use spherical endlinks for daily use, the ralliteks are pretty beefy and cheaper than kartboy.
Yep, it's the rear, but didn't have a pic of the front side-by-side pic.
I have the rear bar that I'll be selling as I don't use it; just sitting in the basement.
You can have either front or rear bar upgrade and still be "stock", I started with rear bar but didn't like it, so front works more for my driving style. Front & rear bars will bump you from the stock class.

Yep, it's the rear, but didn't have a pic of the front side-by-side pic.
I have the rear bar that I'll be selling as I don't use it; just sitting in the basement.
You can have either front or rear bar upgrade and still be "stock", I started with rear bar but didn't like it, so front works more for my driving style. Front & rear bars will bump you from the stock class.

So you have the WL 24mm front? I'll probably get that eventually & see how it does.

So you have the WL 24mm front? I'll probably get that eventually & see how it does.
yep. I have no complaints with it... and if it wasn't a good thing for my handling, I would know about it.... unlike a blue WRX owner we know that doesn't push his car. :giggle:

How are those tires? I have a buddy selling a set.. But they are 245/40/17

I am wearing down my Nitto Invo tires now, which were very unreliable at the Dragon this past September. After researching, I am convinced that my next set will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They look like they will be awesome this September when I go back to NC. :excited:

I am wearing down my Nitto Invo tires now, which were very unreliable at the Dragon this past September. After researching, I am convinced that my next set will be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They look like they will be awesome this September when I go back to NC. :excited:

And make sure those trash can size brakes are in good shape and the cap for the transmission is secured tight

Back