Genuine Modulo parts source? Anyone?

JAYBLS

I have two questions: 1.) Does anyone on here have or know of someone who has the hookup on the genuine Modulo front lip and side skirts? 2.) Does anyone know how the genuine Modulo front lip and side skirts are fastened to the car?

I'm asking the second question because, if finding a source for the genuine parts is either an impossibility, or just so much of a headache or expense that it's not worth it, replica parts are obviously my only option. I think I have read that the replicas must be screwed into metal on the car, which I'm not about to do - that is, unless the real Modulo kit would have to be done in the same fashion anyway. In that case, I might be a little more open to the idea of putting permenant holes in my car if it's the way Honda decided it should be done.

I'm not concerned with a genuine Modulo grill. If I get one of those it'll be the KPlayground carbon fiber variant. This car just really needs AT LEAST a front lip, if not side skirts as well. The lines of the rear of the car, however, are perfect if you ask me. No need for a rear lip for me.

Maybe someone will chime in eventually with an answer for you, but here's what I do know.

The Modulo parts must be sourced from Honda in the country they are sold, so finding a third-party source may not be easy. The parts are relatively large and will cost a great deal to ship to the vendor in the United States, not to mention the added cost to ship from the vendor to the buyer, so it ends up being very expensive to obtain them. College Hills Honda attempted to price them out from someone they know at Honda in Australia and they decided against it due to the enormous shipping costs.

If you look at the instructions for installing the non-Modulo kit that is available for the US Coupe, the installation is somewhat similar...meaning that there is no screwing directly into the metal frame of the car. Instead, special mounts and adhesive is used.
The rear Modulo lip will only fit a non-Si bumper because they don't make Si bumpers outside of the United States, so you would have to purchase a non-Si bumper if you wanted the rear lip kit to fit.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks man. I definitely don't want the rear lip, so I'm good there. I sincerely hope some sort of method of installation which does not require drilling presents itself. The front of this car looks weird without a lip and the sides could use some sprucing up as well.

Are you just looking for the Modulo front lip and side skirts? From my understanding the real Modulo front lip is only compatible wih the JDM front bumper.

Not to get off track, but I've heard through the grape vine that Buddy Club is fabricating a "body kit" for the 9th gens - front, side, and rear. From the looks of it though, it's more like a lip kit.

From my understanding the real Modulo front lip is only compatible wih the JDM front bumper.
Ah, yes...I forgot to talk about the front bumper. You will have to source a front bumper from overseas along with the Modulo kit since they don't fit the US bumpers at all.

The reason I know all about this already is because I already did the research months ago.

Ah ****. I hadn't noticed the bumpers were different. I guess this thread may as well be deleted.

Last edited:
anything from outside the US is gonna be expensive.. Someone needs to make a replica type s bumper and modulo front lip just like the ones overseas.

Ya. That has to be screwed into the bumper. I was trying to avoid something like that.

Back