JDM Emblems - Fake? Real? (UPDATED 5/29/13)

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Ok so I ordered JDM emblems for my wifes car from a site vendor. I looked through JasonAndres thread about his experiences with Real/Fake and several other threads on various forums. I am unsure if I have real, fake, or high quality replicas. Let me know what you guys think.

I had seen people recieve "real" products from this vendor in the past but no one had ordered from them recently so I took a chance. Also the price seemed legit.

I ordered mine through graphXpressions. I got the whole "kit" with the steering wheel emblem and key back replacement. I know the steering wheel from J's is not real. No issue there. The key cover is fine as well. The Front and Rear emblems I am questioning.

They do not state that they are replicas or authentic on their website. However this is the text from their website.

GRFXP finally got their hands on some JDM Honda Japan products! This package deal is for the true JDM enthusiast, it comes with 1 JDM Civic Type-R key fob cover, 1 JDM Civic Type-R steering wheel emblem and a pair of front and rear JDM emblems (choose the model vehicle you own). This deal cannot be matched anywhere and is extremely limited, so act quickly!

* All products come in original JDM Honda packaging. There are no refunds for this product. If you have any questions, please email us before ordering.

Ok so let's start at the beginning. Price? Listed @ $140 on sale for $125. Most Ebay and Amazon "fakes" are less than $100 for just F & R so the price seemed legit. Also a forum vendor probably wouldn't be passing fakes as authentic. But they don't state either although they do make it sound like they are JDM Honda Japan Products. I don't have a lot of experience with these so I cannot comment on the color being slightly off or correct.

Onto the pics...
The packaging. "All producs come in original JDM Honda packaging."
Part number? Correct.
Plastic bag? Shouldn't it be bubble wrap or with a piece of cardboard in there?

packagingq.jpg

Minor detail that is throwing me off is the recycle symbol. On most fakes it is not correct. From what I have read this particular symbol is the correct one.

recycle.jpg

The backs of the emblems also look questionable to me. Isn't there usually a little cutout in the red backing between the posts on the "real" emblems?

Back of rear. (White caps removed)
rbacko.jpg

Backside of the Front.
fbackp.jpg

Also they seem to have some imperfections on the front that I don't believe would be there on the real Honda emblems. The red does not go all the way to the edge of the silver in a couple spots on both emblems. Top right corner and right side on both. Also some slight discoloration along the edges of the silver is present on both.

Corner
cornerblem.jpg

Side

sideblem.jpg

The thing that I find interesting is that in other threads it has been stated the the fakes usually have the center "H" slightly raised from the red part. On these the H is totally flush and there are no edges you can feel.
I tried to capture the smoothness in these two shots.

rsideblem.jpg

Another...

rside.jpg

My conclusion is that I have paid full price for high quality replicas. Fakes if you will. Of course they eXpressly state no return on these products. I think they are certainly better quality than a $65 set off Ebay but to pay nearly full price for "fakes" is quite dissapointing. Let me know what you guys think. I will hold off on a review of the vendor in their threads and on Xentrader for the moment until I am sure of what I have.

In any case I feel the R is passable but the Front is not. I have already ordered a replacement from Corsport.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I am getting ready to order a set in the next two weeks. I was looking at the GRFXP emblems and wondered. I may just go the Corsport route and order the Key fobs and steering wheel overlay elsewhere.

Nice write up! Those emblems do look good for high quality replicas. But there really isn't much of a difference between those, authentic ones, and other replicas when you look at them from over 3-4 feet away. Lol.

Although the J's racing steering wheel emblem are fakes, there really aren't any 'genuine' overlay emblems. You can probably get the real steering wheel emblem, but it will come with the airbag cover. Lol. And these overlays are probably the best ones for the 8th and 9th gens.

I'll take some similar pics in a bit so you can compare.

Ignore the tape on the edge. That was just there to keep the badge in the bag. It did not come that way.

Each came with the small piece of foam shown in your pic above.

Bag -
h1_001.jpg

detail of stamp/sticker
h2_001.jpg

edges have issues in multiple places
h3.jpg

more of the same
h4.jpg

bag 2
h5.jpg

detail of bag stamp/sticker
h6.jpg

same as the first badge - edges have multiple issues
h7.jpg

more
h8.jpg

I got mine from eBay for 79.99. I hear the real ones are about 100. I know mine aren't real cuz they are blue, and there aren't any blue jdm emblems. Mine look good tho, I compared to jasonandres thread. Mine came in bubble wrap, with the Honda stickers that say made in Japan. They came shipped from Canada tho. I don't see any imperfections, only thing is the front emblem had the foam covering the two tabs like I'm amazons version. I'm satisfied. My rear tape also had 3M written all over it in black letters.

Hey Webby,

Where did you get yours from? Real? replica?

Once the corsport emblem arrives I'll do another write up and comparison. As I said I am unsure of whether mine are real or replica. They do look pretty darn good though. I was thinking high quality replica but after seeing your pics I think they may be real.

I did not order these. Another member purchased them from grafixpressions & was not happy. I ate their expense because of the "no return" policy.

I got mine from eBay for 79.99. I hear the real ones are about 100. I know mine aren't real cuz they are blue, and there aren't any blue jdm emblems. Mine look good tho, I compared to jasonandres thread. Mine came in bubble wrap, with the Honda stickers that say made in Japan. They came shipped from Canada tho. I don't see any imperfections, only thing is the front emblem had the foam covering the two tabs like I'm amazons version. I'm satisfied. My rear tape also had 3M written all over it in black letters.
I'm planning on getting blue or black ones for my FG2. I found a set for like $60ish.

i ordered mine from grafixpressions as well, and i really like them. I didnt see any issues when I looked mine over. and the only issue i had apply mine was due to the 3m tape on the front emblem.

@ webby absolutely not! I will post details comparing both. I will leave this thread as information for everyone else. Let them make their own decision. Also if it is close enough I will recommend this package based on price/items recieved. I will just leave info. I make no judgment on peoples budget.

When I created my thread on this issue, I purposely left the question unanswered. Until I get my hands on emblems directly from Honda in Japan to make comparisons, your guess is as good as mine.
But just looking at the defects on your emblems, my opinion is that they are replicas. The ones I obtained from ProCivic and CorSport definitely did not have those problems.

Reactions: Nix
I think he meant "absolutely hot". :eyebrows:

I'm planning on getting blue or black ones for my FG2. I found a set for like $60ish.

Aww I wish I'd found them for $60. I had seen the red for $50 once, but the blue was always $79.99 as the cheapest. Free shipping tho.

i'm not complaining with my emblems. seems to be good replicas imo. plus, cant complain when i got all three of my emblems, 2 fronts and 1 rear, for free lolol

absolutely not... what? I'm not sure what you were referring to?

Oh yeah, sorry. I meant to clarify. I am definitely not looking to return or exchange the emblems with the vendor or anything of that nature. I was trying to type on the run with the laptop in hand. If nothing else I'll just post comparison pics with the Corsport front once it arrives and ill probably put an overlay on this front and stick it on my car. (grafXp getting themselves another sale!)

I think they are very decent and price paid for the parts overall is not too bad. I am just uncertain of what I have based on several other posts and discussions.

So....I am looking to buy the Steering wheel one. Just wondering if anyone would recommend one or the other. Seems like Corsport or ProCivic have the best quality.

These are all badges for the trunk/grill. The steering wheel ones are all knockoffs.

Back